ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (103/146) > >>

jgpaiva:
Hi mojo-chan!
I really don't know why that happens, never happened to me.
I just tried it, but couldn't reproduce (probably because i only have keepass 1.11  :-[).
Have you seen this happen with any other program?

Nudone: I still haven't answered because I really like your idea, I'm trying to find some time to make something out of it ;)

nudone:
i know i how busy you are, jgpaiva, so i was only hoping that you might consider the idea one day. i'm pleased you like the idea - if it gets implemented then that would be fantastic - whenever that may be.

mojo-chan:
Hi mojo-chan!
I really don't know why that happens, never happened to me.
I just tried it, but couldn't reproduce (probably because i only have keepass 1.11  :-[).
Have you seen this happen with any other program?
-jgpaiva (January 01, 2009, 07:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have not seen it happen with other programs so far, it looks like it's just KeePass 2.06... I am going to contact the developers of KeePass about it, because having thought about it, it's probably a bug in KeePass where it is re-setting the window parameters.

kwacky1:
I found a bug :)

When you make a window "on top", it does stay on top at first. However, when certain things happen to it, it looses the "on top" attribute.
-mojo-chan (January 01, 2009, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not really a bug, it's just the window you're interacting with contains it's own code to reset the ontop flag when the gui gets redrawn for whatever reason.

I can replicate this quite easily with remote desktop (mstsc) session window

* position window, set ontop attribute
* click on remote desktop window, click on other window, watch remote desktop window sink to the bottom
the only solution, i feel, would be to continuously check 'ontop' windows and reset if required.

mojo-chan:
I have submitted a bug for it on the KeePass tracker. Rather than just resetting the "on top" attribute it should either just leave it alone or query it.

My guess is that it turns off the attribute when you open the Add Item window, because otherwise it would cover that window.

Anyway, thanks for gridmove. I was originally using nView, then switched to Hydravision but it was rubbish. Can I make one more little request? In nView it put a an extra item on the window menu that you get when clicking on a window's icon in the top left to toggle it between on top and normal. That was really handy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version