ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

<< < (21/146) > >>

kimmchii:
i get this in default:

[GridSettings]
GridName=3Part
[InterfaceSettings]
LButtonDrag=1
MButtonDrag=1
EdgeDrag=1
[OtherSettings]
EdgeTime=1000
ShowGroupsFlag=1
WindowPercentage=25
IDEA: drag window to edge automatically resizes it

this new version really works, one small problem, no matter what i do i cant get it to split the screen in 50/50.

jgpaiva:
with the 'edge' grid loaded in - the trigger bit on the left side of the title bar seems to have expanded (is this intentional?). it's covers about a third of the titlebar.
-nudone (July 05, 2006, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've just increased the trigger part to 25% of the title bar. But you can change that on the options (windowpercentage)

when using the non 'edge' grids there is a slight 'jerky' appearance to my windows when i drag them around.
-nudone (July 05, 2006, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think you'll have to explain yourself better, as i can't understand what you mean. The position constantly asked for is the mouse's position.

BTW, gridmove, when using the edge method, doesn't like allsnap!

I can't test multimon right now, as i don't have multimon here. So, i'd like for people to get me some screenshots or descriptions of what's going wrong with those.

this new version really works, one small problem, no matter what i do i cant get it to split the screen in 50/50.
-kimmchii (July 05, 2006, 02:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, fantastic point, kimmchii, i forgot to make a template for a simple grid. Now working on it, should be up in a bit.

nudone:
i'll try to expand on the 'bugs' i thought i had found above (i'm at work at the moment so i can't actually perform the actions again).

* with the 'edge' grid loaded in - the trigger area on the titlebar wasn't just 25% of the title bar, instead it seems to have expanded to about 33% or more - this is why i noticed it. i had to put the mouse almost to the center of the titlebar to be able drag the window. maybe i needed to reload 'gridmove' back in - i noticed that if you change some of the options you have to reload gridmove for the options to become enabled
* the 'jerky' effect whilst dragging a window is similar to what you sometimes get on screen when you've got loads of alpha transparent windows or you've got a terrible graphics card.

you drag a window and instead of it being a smooth movement across the screen there is an ever so slight jerk/drag/pause effect on the window being moved. the pause in the movement happens for a split second and repeats throughout the movement of the dragging process. it is very, very slight. almost easy to miss, but there non the less.
hopefully that is a little easier to understand.

jgpaiva:
GridMove V1.01:

* 2 new grids: 2 part Horizontal and 2 part vertical. Can be activated by right clicking the tray icon and chosing those in the templates menu.
* Changed things around a bit, to avoid having to consult so many times the position of the window.
* Slowed down the refresh of the mouse, on the edge trigger method.
I still need more information about what's wrong on multiple screens.
If anyone feels like on of the templates should be changed to be a bit different, please say. Also, here's the grid i usually use (configured for 1280*800).

Links...
.exe Version
.ahk Version

kimmchii:
from my test drive, V1.01 is perfect!!! well done jgpaiva.  :Thmbsup:

the ability to control with the middle click is brilliant.  :up: :up: :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version