ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Watch lightning strikes in real-time

<< < (3/3)

MilesAhead:
Glass packs?  I haven't heard that term in a long time.  Also known as Cherry Bombs or Smittys.   :P
-techidave (June 24, 2014, 05:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup.  I'm showing my age.  I have a feeling I'm going to feel my age soon.-MilesAhead (June 24, 2014, 05:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Am I showing my age when I say I have no idea what either of you are talking about?
-Deozaan (June 24, 2014, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is that because you are too young to have heard the term or too old to remember it?  Heh heh.

tomos:
What interests me about this map is how the lightning is detected from such incredible range. I'm rather interested in finding out how the sensors actually work, since they seem to be able to register South Florida lightning from all the way up in New York.
-SeraphimLabs (June 24, 2014, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
ahh, I was wondering what those lines indicated - yeah, they're often the other side of the continent :tellme:

techidave:
Deozaan, they are the muffler on a car.  but they are not stock mufflers.  Glass packs are usually a little louder that stock.  If done correctly they will have that sweet rumble sound and cackle when you back off the throttle.

What SeraphimLabs is talking about is your 4 and 6 cylinders sound like a buzz or sometime a sewing machine.

And then you have those, usually pickups that are just LOUD and sound horrible.  :(

Sorry for the hijack  :-[

tomos:
Looking at this site again, I see they have 'dynamic' maps which can also be made full screen.
http://en.blitzortung.org/live_dynamic_maps.php

Here's a detail of one with 'Hybrid' (satellite/etc) setting:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version