ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Missing out on the Control Panel Items, Launchy didn't

(1/6) > >>

saurabhdua:
Hello Folks!  :)

Have just made a transition to latest version of FARR from my much revered Launchy. Iam on Win 8 Desktop PC. Typing "Network Connections" should invoke the "View Network Connections" automatically similar to what used to be the case with Launchy. However, FARR is making me do the marathon to scour the route to exisiting Network Connections by first invoking the Control Panel screen, & thus searching my way out for "View Network Connections"!? :(

I would request you to teach me a Trick in order to index(or whatever technology FARR uses) the all items present within Control Panel. Iam using "Bridge Mode" for the Network Connectivity, & hence have to manually click on connect for the respective Network Connection.

All help will be sincerely appreciated.
Regards from National Capital----New Delhi
India.

saurabhdua:
Please reply to the above mentioned post!?

phitsc:
I don't think it's currently possible to list network connections in FARR directly. Would maybe make a useful plugin though.

Best you can do is probably the cpanel alias, i.e.

cpanel network

Should give you all control panel items named something with 'network'.

For some reason my cpanel.alias file limits 'Network Connections' to Windows versions 5.9 and below. If I change it the respective line to:

<Result>Network Connections | %windir%\system32\control.exe netconnections /ICON=NetworkSharing.ico /winvermin=5.1 /winvermax=6.2</Result>

in

C:\Program Files (x86)\FindAndRunRobot\AliasGroups\Installed\cpanel\cpanel.alias

it seems to work all right even in Windows 8 though.

I see there are many other items which are limited to winvermax=5.9. Maybe someone needs to go over that file and update the ones which also work on Windows 8.

anandcoral:
Hi saurabhdua,

I typed "netwo" in FARR and it showed my the below screen, with "My Network Places",

[attach1]

Selecting 'My Network Places' I got below screen,

[attach2]

Is this what you are looking for ?

If not, better attach some screen shot of 'Launchy', as that will help the developer to understand what you are looking for.

Regards,

Anand

tomos:
^ I dont get that... [edit] oops, it does show when I press pagedown to show more results - see the last one on the list below :-[ [/edit]

I did create the 'godmode' shortcuts a while back (and posted about it here somewhere) and put them in a folder checked by FARR. So I do get a selection of network related options:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version