ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Pasting screenshots in some of the MS Office products

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
Ok well I went to try to fix this and got lost.. I can't figure out how to reproduce it.
Can you guys give me a step by step walkthrough on how I can tell when this bug is happening and test when I have it fixed?

Aquasixpack:
Hi mouser,
ok my try for a step by step description:

* open Preferences an make sure the option 'Advanced Tweaking › Miscellaneous Tweaks › Don't Auto Save Captures' ist not checked
* make sure, the 'Default DPI' is set to 96 and the 'Post Capture Options › Copy to clipboard: is set to 'Image bitmap'
* Accept the changes2.

* Make a screenshot an paste it into an Outlook message (or in a document of another 'DPI-sensing' application like Word)
* The pasted image will appear 1:1 in the Outlook message because Outlook works internally with 96 DPI and the image has 96 DPI as well
3. Now to the bug

* open the preferences again, go to 'Advanced Tweaking › Miscellaneous Tweaks › Don't Auto Save Captures' and check this option
* Accept the changes
* Now make another screenshot an paste it into the same Outlook message (or Word document)
* The image will appear much more smaller than before because the screenshottsed image was wrongly set to 300 DPI (I found out with Photoshop)
I guess there is a step in the save procedure, that sets the image to the desired DPI and that step is missing, when Auto Saving is switched off. Just an assumption.
Hope that helps you.

Best,
Aquasixpack

mouser:
Those are excellent and clear instructions.
Initially I thought from reading the instructions that the problem might be that in my previous testing I was not using the post-capture-automatic-copy-to-clipboard function.

However, I cannot reproduce the problem when I follow these instructions.  Pasted images appear the same in both cases.

I used MS Word. Using latest version of Screenshot Captor.
Anyone else?

Julien Tosoni:
Hi Mouser,

Aquasixpack's instructions are excellent indeed. However, to reproduce the issue, I must exit SC after the change is accepted as step 3, and reload it.

Interestingly, unchecking the option takes effect immediately without exiting SC.

I have also observed in the past that this DPI issue did not always occur (but in very rare occasions).

Julien Tosoni - Goodyear Dunlop Tires France.

mouser:
BINGO.
You guys are good.

Ok I have now reproduced the problem so I should be able to solve it.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version