ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Building Another Budget Gaming PC...

<< < (4/4)

wraith808:
I suppose it would be nice to spend a little more of the budget on the video card..
-mouser (June 17, 2014, 06:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

From what I've found, there are three price points to look at: the lower $100s are definitely bargain.  You get into a standard gaming PC that can handle most things at high frame rates at $200 (which is my usual price point).  And over that, you're looking at $400+.  I spent that once, and while it was nice, I didn't think that the price for performance was worth it.  Sometimes things dip into other price points... but this is in general where the tiers stand from my experience.

mouser:
Yeah, if you could add another $100 to the budget, and get yourself a $200-$250 graphics card, you'd probably notice the difference.  Especially since you plan to be gaming with this..

Carol Haynes:
When I built my PC, Carol suggested I use the Antec 300, which has turned out to be my all-time favorite case for the price.  I was able to find the One on sale for $50 so I opted for it.
-MilesOhToole (June 17, 2014, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you liked it ;-)

My last build used one of these and I am a convert - huge fans, huge fun and really flexible case for the price and cracking build quality (and it comes with a 3.5 inch cradle and internal 2.5 inch cradles for SSDs).

http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/cases/enforcer/

Built a couple of machines with these for customers too and they were pleased.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version