ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Building Another Budget Gaming PC...

(1/4) > >>

MilesOhToole:
...and I hope I don't embarrass myself as much as I did last time.   :-[

A few years ago, with the great help of a bunch of people here, I built a quality i5 Sandy Bridge based PC that still rocks today.

Now, my brother wants me to build him a budget gaming PC and here's what I've got, so far:

AOC 27" monitor

Antec One case

Gigabyte H77 motherboard

i5 3570 CPU

Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM

Radeon R7 260X GPU

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

LG 24X DVD burner

Corsair 600W PSU

My brother has about a $1200 budget and this is what I've thrown together, so far.  One thing I am aware of is that the motherboard supports Crossfire but the video card doesn't appear to be Crossfire ready.  Is that a problem? 

Everyone feel free to critique, streamline or tell me to completely toss everything out and start completely over.

Thanks for the help.

Target:
that's similar to what I've got (Z77 mobo, 16GB RAM, ATI 7870 video card, 256MB SSD) and it cost me close to 1400 sans display and case so I'd be surprised if you couldn't do better for the money.

that said, and FWIW, it's coming up 2 years old and it still does everything I want (though I'm nowhere near the bleeding edge game wise)

never quite understood the whole crossfire thing though.  Unless you've got money to burn the numbers just don't add up, especially for a 'budget' rig

40hz:
I think your CPU spec is especially spot on. The i5 3570 is a great chip for the money. In fact, it's a great chip period.  :Thmbsup:

tomos:
Antec One case
-MilesOhToole (June 17, 2014, 12:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm always curious about cases - was there a reason you chose this one (used before, or was it just the reviews/price)?

wraith808:
I just built one, if you want to compare...

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/wraith808/saved/VL648d

I put that into an antec 900 case with a corsair hx620 PSU.

The builds actually look pretty similar :)

I've just been doing the multi-drive thing as of late, especially for gaming.

As far as the 27", if he's doing anything up close on his desktop, you might want to check the 27". In my experience, it was just too much too close.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version