Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 26, 2014, 07:49:03 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PDAs - any use?  (Read 10363 times)
db90h
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Member

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 11:30:41 AM »

A few years ago I bought an IPAQ 3360. I used it for a week to show off to friends. I struggled to find a use for it the next week. There-after it sat in a box until the unreplacable li-ion battery  died. And, yes, I know you can replace them if you take the time to do it. But they aren't designed to be replaced is my point. Quit nit-picking! Oh, wait, nobody said that yet ;p.
Mark0
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 06:51:19 AM »

Here's a link to a review of the QTEK 9100 (it's in italian, but the are lots of photos and the tech specs & graphs are universal:

Link: HWUpgrade.it - QTEK 9100: il piccolo genio

Windows Mobile 5, USB, BlueTooth, WiFi, etc. etc. I have used a bit one at work and it seems a very nice unit. The retractable keyboard is very handy, even using it as a phone (for SMS).

Bye!

vegas
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 09:13:32 AM »

Here's a link to a review of the QTEK 9100 (it's in italian, but the are lots of photos and the tech specs & graphs are universal:

Link: HWUpgrade.it - QTEK 9100: il piccolo genio

I have that same phone, except it's the T-mobile MDA in the USA.  If you can deal with the negatives, like being a bit bulky for a phone, having a low maximum volume on the handset and getting terrible reception inside most office buildings (I work in & out of many office buildings all day) and I am constantly dropping signals, also going into roaming areas you may not even find a signal in areas that need a medium to strong antenna to get signal.  If you can deal with those, this is a marvelous phone.  It's even overclockable and hackable to wirelessG, even though the specs don't say it.  And many other hacks and things, it's great for notes, scheduling, surfing when you need quick info like: weather, traffic, gas prices, phone numbers, etc...  I will elaborate more later, but I gotta go to work now smiley
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2006, 09:26:31 AM »

having a low maximum volume on the handset
I'm not sure if you already know about this, because it might be in the manual of your qtek, but it wasn't in my father's qtek manual.
You can put it on speaker by pressing the "call" button, and keeping it pressed.

(probably it's stupid to tell you this, but i read the whole manual of the qtek 2020i, and this was not mentioned anywhere)

thunder7
Supporting Member

Thunder7

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2006, 05:35:49 PM »

We (my girlfriend and I) just bought 2 Palm Zire 31 I am searching for freeware for it now.
If you have links please let me know. FREEWARE only please I am poor!.
Here are some links I have found:
http://www.freewarepalm.com/

http://zire.pdatopsoft.com/software/bytype.php?c=0

http://www.djajic.com/

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.allfreeware&cache=allfreeware&orderby=modificationdate&direction=asc&totalrecords=5202&PartnerREF=&siteid=1&searchtitle=Freeware&step=1

http://zire.pdatopsoft.com/PalmOS/ShopList

tsaint
Charter Member

Hi from the a*** end of the earth

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 05:47:28 PM »

We (my girlfriend and I) just bought 2 Palm Zire 31 I am searching for freeware for it now.
Why not post what sort of software you're looking for? (eg, doc reader, screenshot capture, shopping list, etc etc)
tony
thunder7
Supporting Member

Thunder7

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2006, 07:30:16 PM »

Tetris Games I Love.

It was funny my Girlfriend said this:
I was telling her I love freeware and said, "I just cant see paying for something I can get for free." She exclaimed "is that what you say too all your girlfriends." Grin Grin Grin Grin

mwb1100
Supporting Member

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 06:35:43 PM »

If anyone is looking for a cheap, basic PDA, CompUSA is running a special on the Palm Z22 (refurb) - $65 plus shipping:

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?&ref=cj&pfp=cj&product_code=338589

One caveat - it's a refurbished unit, so CompUSA isn't taking returns.

Mark0
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2006, 04:20:41 PM »

Anyone have seen / used the Fujitsu Siemens Loox N500 series?

Link

It's a Win Mobile 2005 PDA, with an integrated GPS (with internal antenna).
I was thinking about a PDA (to experiment with) and a navigator for some times, and this seems a nice combo!

Bye!

thunder7
Supporting Member

Thunder7

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 03:54:49 AM »

Now I need a Palm Zire 31 Battery mine is DOA.

I need brand "New" and cheap. Cool
Please

Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2006, 04:24:42 AM »

First one I found on Google ...

http://www.tangshop.com/p...palm-zire-71-battery.html $24.95 - is that cheap?

rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2006, 04:52:04 AM »

Anyone have seen / used the Fujitsu Siemens Loox N500 series?

Only reviews of Fujitsu Loox I've seen were for 420 and 610, date back to 2004, and were lukewarm.  UK Computer Shopper magazine often recommend Acer for a cheap Pocket PC, but it depends on how much you want the GPS.

Mark0
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2006, 04:55:06 AM »

Now I'm more inclined toward an ASUS Mypal 636N. Seems to have a much longer battery life, and included support for car mounting and car powersupply.

thunder7
Supporting Member

Thunder7

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 07:23:11 AM »

Carol Haynes Thank you smiley You are awesome  Thmbsup

Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2006, 08:29:35 AM »

You are welcome ... (I know ... I can't help it)

thunder7
Supporting Member

Thunder7

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 02:20:47 AM »

LOL, that is like my friends asking me, Thunder why are you so cool?.
I was born this way Thmbsup lol.
Again Thank you

Mark0
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2006, 06:04:46 PM »

My 636N just arrived. Seems a nice toy!
The built-in GPS may sparks an idea or two! cheesy

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.042s | Server load: 0.11 ]