ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Android: (Wired) File Transfers from PC

<< < (8/9) > >>

wraith808:
I just unmount my SD card, mount it on my computer, and do my transfers with DOpus. :)-wraith808 (July 21, 2017, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

That too but since I have to pull the battery to get the uSD card out, I only use for big transfers, (eg. new ROMs).
-4wd (July 21, 2017, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mine is thankfully very easy to pull.  But I made it harder by putting a case on it.  Go figure.

app103:
I recently had to figure out how to get about 4G of pdf files off my phone and onto my PC. Tried connecting the phone to the PC via USB, but discovered that unless the storage card is formatted as external storage, not all files will be accessible via USB. Some, most notably the ones I wanted to transfer, are not available to access if you have formatted the card as internal storage for your phone.

I ended up finding them on the phone with ES File Explorer (they were hidden in the application folder of the app where they were acquired from and not in my Downloads folder), then uploading them to Google Drive, which then automatically copied them to my PC, so that I could then delete them from my phone with ES File Explorer, move them to a different folder on the PC, and then delete them off my Google Drive.

And I really do have to thank Inspira Technologies, makers of my inexpensive Astrotab A10 tablet, for introducing me to ES File Explorer. It came preinstalled on the tablet and I liked it so much that I installed it on my phone.  :)

Phoenix232:
I have been using a simple FTP server on my phone and then I connect to it using Total Commander/FileZilla/WinSCP.

mouser:
I've been pretty happy with airdroid.

MilesAhead:
I've been pretty happy with airdroid.
-mouser (July 24, 2017, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

It looks interesting.  I installed it on my phone.  I'll try it out soon.   :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version