ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Android: (Wired) File Transfers from PC

<< < (5/9) > >>

Shades:
Lately I have had very positive experiences with Total Commander for Android (after installing SMB plugin) and Total Commander for Windows Phone. Shares on PC's can be easily read and written into. Couldn't care less about the PC version of TC, but on mobile devices it is utterly brilliant (when there is WiFi, of course).

I absolutely like it when I don't need to install crap clients from 3rd parties on my mobile and PC to access what I share on my PC.

antekgla:
My wifi method is install a SSH Server in my phone.
Then in my pc run WinSCP to transfer the files (Only to Documents folder because Android restrictions but later I move them with native file manager)

MilesAhead:
I have cables with USB/microusb connectors.  For music files it is easy since when I plug in my phone or tablet, Explorer shows the device as an MP3 Player.  I can just drag and drop whole folder trees in.

For other files such as eBooks I have been using Google Drive with the Total Commander Drive Plugin as suggested by Shades.  I tried the Lan plugin but it does not seem able to find my computer's name on the WiFi network.

Also I downloaded x-plore file manager in case it comes in handy later.

One tip slightly off topic, for a few bucks you can get a cable a few inches long with a female USB connector and a male miniUsb.  When I have to type in a lot of stuff on my phone and get fed up with fat finger frustration I plug in my USB mouse using the adapter and click on the onscreen keys.  It is way faster since it is pretty much impossible to miss a key with the mouse pointer.  :)

One of these days perhaps I'll try a Bluetooth mouse.  But this is good enough for emergencies.  :)

4wd:
Anyone know how enable MTP mode on Galaxy S6? Can't get the phone being recognized by Samsung Kies even with USB debugging on-fsmanchies (February 27, 2017, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Normally, (in almost all Android devices), you pull down the Notification Panel then tap on the one that says Connected as ... when you have the USB cable plugged in.  That should take you to the option to set it for MTP, PTP, Mass Storage, or Charging.

When I have to type in a lot of stuff on my phone and get fed up with fat finger frustration I plug in my USB mouse using the adapter and click on the onscreen keys.  It is way faster since it is pretty much impossible to miss a key with the mouse pointer.  :)-MilesAhead (February 28, 2017, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Get a cheap roll up USB silicon keyboard.

MilesAhead:
^^^   
Ialready have a usb keyboard.  The mouse us easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version