ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sChecklist

<< < (21/26) > >>

rwstarinsky:
I just downloaded and tried sChecklist for the first time today. I am interested in something to create lists that other people could use in their daily work routines.

First, I'm impressed with the program's simplicity. I populated the form with multiple new tasks, then wanted to edit each newly created line. However, I seemed to have a problem trying to activate editing the lines. Lots of clicking, re-clicking before it would edit. Is it me, or something I'm doing wrong?

Overall, while you can always add bells and whistles, I would stay simple. I like the idea of creating read-only, reusable checklists as templates, then clicking on a template to create a checklist for a given date. I just read an article on checklist design best practices and it suggests being able to add a note about any exceptional conditions to a checked item, which seems interesting to me. Also, a checklist header might be useful, that would note the checklist completion frequency. For example, in accounting work we need checklists for daily (day of week), weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tasks. 

Being able to print out a completed checklist and templates (at least to a PDF file) is absolutely required. Screen prints just don't cut it. Besides being able to print out or save a completed checklist,  I can foresee needing to print out an unchecked (not completed) PDF version of a checklist (aka the template) into a hard-copy procedure manual or as web link file.

Keep up the good work.

Bob

skwire:
Hi, and welcome to the DonationCoder website.

First, I'm impressed with the program's simplicity. I populated the form with multiple new tasks, then wanted to edit each newly created line. However, I seemed to have a problem trying to activate editing the lines. Lots of clicking, re-clicking before it would edit. Is it me, or something I'm doing wrong?-rwstarinsky (July 02, 2016, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I probably should have made this more apparent but simply highlight an entry and press F2.

Overall, while you can always add bells and whistles, I would stay simple. I like the idea of creating read-only, reusable checklists as templates, then clicking on a template to create a checklist for a given date. I just read an article on checklist design best practices and it suggests being able to add a note about any exceptional conditions to a checked item, which seems interesting to me. Also, a checklist header might be useful, that would note the checklist completion frequency. For example, in accounting work we need checklists for daily (day of week), weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tasks. 

Being able to print out a completed checklist and templates (at least to a PDF file) is absolutely required. Screen prints just don't cut it. Besides being able to print out or save a completed checklist,  I can foresee needing to print out an unchecked (not completed) PDF version of a checklist (aka the template) into a hard-copy procedure manual or as web link file.-rwstarinsky (July 02, 2016, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for considerations and suggestions.  Unfortunately, they are well outside the scope I have for sChecklist.

A little background might be in order.  I written quite a few programs over the years here with most upon request of others.  In other words, only a handful have been been written expressly for me and sChecklist is one of those few.  There are a boatload of checklist programs with all sorts of wizzbang feature sets but I couldn't find one that quite fit the workflow I wanted.  Thus, sChecklist came to be and it's been written to my requirements.  One job, simple, and no B.S.   :Thmbsup:

amaretti:
Hi and thanks for this very useful program.
Had some corruption on a couple of lists because I tried to duplicate manually some files (didn't know that CTRL+clickdrag moves checklists up & down them, or, you know, the arrows...) but it was all my fault, restored from a backup. No problems whatsoever.
Have one request for a feature: can we get clickable links so it opens the default browser when there's a http:\\ identifier in an entry? or better yet, another browser specified on the options tab.
Well, there are others but are not as important as this one.

amaretti:
No answer, well... must be quite the summer vacations.

Another request, this is not a feature but a fix for an ugly bug: The list of entries has a button on the top to sort them. But there's no unsort or revert, so the changes are saved.
In case of a missclick on long lists this hurts.

No worries, I backup everyday. This program sometimes is like a russian roulette.

skwire:
Hi, amaretti, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :Thmbsup:

I've got changes made so that sorting can be reverted using the Undo feature.  This was an oversight on my part so thanks for reporting it.  I'll release it later this weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version