ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a budget plan software

(1/2) > >>

masu:
Hello,
I am looking for a private budget plan software, to manage my income and expenses.
Do you know some?

momonan:
Quicken, Quicken, Quicken.  See this thread for more info:  https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1060.msg26538#msg26538

Carol Haynes:
Depends where you are from - Quicken only supports US bank accounts.

momonan:
Quicken only supports US bank accounts.
-Carol Haynes (May 27, 2006, 01:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

That may be true, if you intend to link your quicken account for actually downloading from your bank account.  As long as you enter everything manually (which I do),* there should be no problem with setting up an account for your checkbook.  The same is true with credit card accounts.  As long as you don't want to download the information from the credit card site (which I don't, for many of the same reasons**), you should have no problem with them either -- or with anything else I mentioned.

*For several reasons:  I like to assign categories to everything; this lets me enter checks as I write them, not just as they are cleared by the bank (which would yield a deceptively higher amount that is actually available).

**Not to mention that they assign their own categories to expenses, and I like to make my own -- including dividing a particular store purchase among several categories (such as "clothing," "gifts," household repairs," etc.)

Carol Haynes:
You can't buy Quicken in the UK anymore - it is not licensed over here - or at least it wasn't last time I looked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version