topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Please welcome two new DonationCoder Official Volunteers: Ampa and Josh  (Read 10403 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
As you can imagine it can get pretty hectic around here trying to manage everything.

And as we are working to improve the site and make it better at being the site we all want it to be, having some help can make all the difference.  Rather than try to be all things to all people, we are going to concentrate on the things we do best (reviews and donationware), and do them better and better.

Two longtime members have agreed to help out in some specific responsibilities:
  • Ampa has agreed to be in charge of discounts and giveaways from now on.  No, this doesnt mean you should send him flowers in order for him to pick you to win the giveaways - the prize optimizer will still be used for this.  But it does mean that Ampa will handle the sometimes labor intensive work involved in keeping all the discount pages up to date and in contacting companies about possible discounts.  So if you know of a program you think would be good to ask for a discount on, and don't feel comfortable contacting the company your self, ask Ampa
  • Josh has agreed to be a kind of official screencaster - making video demo movies of various programs discussed on the forum.  Others are of course welcome to make screencasts as well, but if there is a mini-review posted on the forum, Josh will try to make a screencast movie of it to help users get a better feel for the program.  We are hoping to greatly expand this idea on DonationCoder so that we can provide users with a more complete view of the best apps.  If you know of a program that you think could use a screencast to help show its features, ask Josh.

Thanks to both of these brave souls for agreeing to help out the site - please make sure you send them a few donationcredits when they do a good job.  And wish them luck!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 08:19 AM by brotherS »

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
As I said to you mouser, I am more than happy to help out the site. If any of the members wish a screencast of an app or apps used in their mini-review or review, simply send me a private message or email me at crosscut @t whaddu d0t com and I will do my best to get it for them to include as quickly as I can. Include what you want demonstrated in the screencast, what points you want made, who makes it, where it can be downloaded, etc (any pertinent information to the program(s)). I will be glad to help out with full reviews as well, and will gladly work along with you as you test and review each application.

As for donationcredits, please, I ask that you instead send those to mouser or the dc.com general account as my work here is done probono. (spelling?). The sheer fact that the site gets more promotion and more recognition is enough for me.

Anyways, My thanks go out to mouser for entrusting me with this task, and I hope to be able to further contribute more to the donationcoder.com website so that it gets the recognition it deserves.

Thanks again and look forward to working with all of you.

Josh
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 08:10 PM by Josh »

Rover

• Master of Smilies
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I read through this and almost forget to welcome you  :o

So Ampa and Josh - Welcome and THANKS.  It's always nice to know that folks will take on a supportive volunteer role to help the rest of us out  :Thmbsup:

Anything you, or any of the other volunteers, can do to help keep mouser sane is a big help to us all.
Insert Brilliant Sig line here

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I read through this and almost forget to welcome you  :o

So Ampa and Josh - Welcome and THANKS.  It's always nice to know that folks will take on a supportive volunteer role to help the rest of us out  :Thmbsup:

Anything you, or any of the other volunteers, can do to help keep mouser sane is a big help to us all.

my sentiments too.

it will be fantastic to see more screencasts.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wow Ampa and Josh, thanks so much, we're glad you're here!

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks and welcome to your new 'duties' :Thmbsup: Everything that lets mouser focus on less tasks is highly welcome.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Welcome aboard guys - sorry I must have missed this thread first time round ...

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Great!
Thanks Ampa and Josh!
This will spare much work for mouser, and that's always welcome! :D
Well.. You are now officialy part of the donationcoder.com crew!

[edit] BTW... there's an error on the title of this thread, "DontionCoder" :P [/edit]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 06:35 AM by jgpaiva »

Gerome

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Get my Freestyle Basic Script Language + compiler!
    • Donate to Member
Hehe,

As I said to you mouser, I am more than happy to help out the site. If any of the members wish a screencast of an app or apps used in their mini-review or review, simply send me a private message or email me at crosscut @t whaddu d0t com and I will do my best to get it for them to include as quickly as I can. Include what you want demonstrated in the screencast, what points you want made, who makes it, where it can be downloaded, etc (any pertinent information to the program(s)). I will be glad to help out with full reviews as well, and will gladly work along with you as you test and review each application.

As for donationcredits, please, I ask that you instead send those to mouser or the dc.com general account as my work here is done probono. (spelling?). The sheer fact that the site gets more promotion and more recognition is enough for me.

Anyways, My thanks go out to mouser for entrusting me with this task, and I hope to be able to further contribute more to the donationcoder.com website so that it gets the recognition it deserves.

Thanks again and look forward to working with all of you.

Josh

I think I got a mission for your man :)
Yours,
(¯`·._.·[Gerome GUILLEMIN]·._.·´¯)
http://www.fbsl.net [FBSL Author]
http://gedd123.free.fr/FBSLv3.zip [FBSL Help file]
(¯`·._.·[If you need help... just ask]·._.·´¯)

hamradio

• Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Welcome and thanks! :)