ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Image Append - Batch

(1/3) > >>

magician62:
I have looked in the forums, seen a few ideas, and the one most promising, broken link!

I am in the process of photographing newspapers for the local museum, there are 150 years of them, and the sheet are about 28 inches high by 18 wide. To get a readable image, I have had to photograph in 2 passes so I get 14 x 18

I now need to stack the photographs Top over Bottom.

I do not need to stitch them, even though I have provided a reasonable overlap of text.

I just need one above the other, possibly with a separating line

There must be no scaling or re-compression as this may affect the image

It also needs to do this in batch, as I have 52 papers a year, each with lots of pages. The images have been placed in one folder per page, and in the folder both part have been renamed to put them in the correct order.

Anyone encountered something like this? Or is this a doable. I don't fancy joining 90000+ pages in the long term, as I would rather be getting on with the photographing, as time is against me and the papers, which can only deteriorate.

MilesAhead:
Others may chime in.  I'm not very experienced with graphical editing.  But it's my impression Gimp may be designed for graphics manipulation more than most.  Also it's free.  While persuing this thread it may also be fruitful to search and post here:
www.gimptalk.com

Windows port:
www.gimpshop.com/gimp/?gclid=CPyr59GC274CFcEDOgodbkcACw

tomos:
I now need to stack the photographs Top over Bottom.

I do not need to stitch them, even though I have provided a reasonable overlap of text.

I just need one above the other, possibly with a separating line

There must be no scaling or re-compression as this may affect the image
-magician62 (June 02, 2014, 01:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can you give an example there - it's not clear to me what exactly you want to do - is it to create a large image showing all the photos from one paper? If so, how many pages/images would that be?

Can you photograph in Tiff format? (I've never used it this way, but tiff format can be multi-page; also has the advantage of lossless compression and lossless save/re-save. You could also convert to two bit tiff ['lineart'=just b/w, no grey] to reduce filesize, but would lose quality going there.)

I have looked in the forums, seen a few ideas, and the one most promising, broken link!-magician62 (June 02, 2014, 01:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

=> which thread/app/link?

magician62:
Basically the current concept is two images, in JPG put on a canvas so one is above the other
Think newspaper folded in middle

In general all images are the same size

The way I can explain it is using the image widths a canvas would be created based on the greater, and height would be created by the sum of the image heights, plus a few pixels for a separation line. The top image (A) would be pasted relative to top left corner, whilst the bottom (B)) relative to bottom left corner

A
B

At a later time it may be useful to have an option for 4 quadrants.
AC
BD

The broken link was for PhotoSheet in this thread. https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16574.msg146615#msg146615

I did find the website later, though it doesn't do what is needed.

The main thing with this is automation of the joining process.

Ath:
I know that RealWorld Paint, by DC member Vlastmil, has batch/scripting options, (though I never used them), you could have a look at this free proggy  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version