ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Forget about resume if Pale Moon crashes

(1/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
Subject line says it.  About a third through getting Mint 17 Pale Moon says it's not responding.  Window goes away and so does 400+ MB of download.  This is crap I'd expect from Windows 16 bit.  The more things don't really change...  :)

Using Download Statusbar didn't help a wit.

Edit:  Trying FF 27.0 portable with DSB.  See how it goes.

eleman:
Well, there's probably a less wise-ass way to say this, but anyway... there's a thick line between download managers and browsers.

Sorry for the prick response :P Condolences otherwise.

40hz:
Well, there's probably a less wise-ass way to say this, but anyway... there's a thick line between download managers and browsers.

Sorry for the prick response :P Condolences otherwise.
-eleman (June 01, 2014, 01:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup.

Here's the less wise-ass response: :P

Anytime I pull something large (i.e 1GB and up) from the web I always run it through Free Download Manager. There's a FF plug-in available. Chrome too last I looked. As long as the site supports resuming you'll be good to go. Only time it doesn't work is if you wait too long to resume. Some sites only keep your placeholder live for a certain length of time even when resume is supported. If it expires, you're out of luck. I've only run into a few sites where that happens however.

FDM includes a decent enough torrent client. Can also be set up as a portable app. Very handy.

FDM. We like! :Thmbsup:

Curt:
and here's the wide-ass response...: use http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=158

I don't remember Pale Moon crashing, and I don't know how to make it do it at my command, so instead I restarted after 400MB of the 1.2GB Mint download. No problem, the download went on as if nothing had happened. Can I crash Pale Moon on purpose?
:tellme:

MilesAhead:
and here's the wide-ass response...: use http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=158

I don't remember Pale Moon crashing, and I don't know how to make it do it at my command, so instead I restarted after 400MB of the 1.2GB Mint download. No problem, the download went on as if nothing had happened. Can I crash Pale Moon on purpose?
:tellme:

-Curt (June 01, 2014, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Evidently someone can.  I have FDM installed and used it for years.  But there was no speed improvement over DSB.  I just downloaded in FF Portable with no problem whatever.

I guess I should just go with 32 bit FF installed for default browser instead of being hung up on x64.  Every Mozilla FF x64 installer I tried the browser was a dog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version