ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Website hacking - tools to help spot issues

<< < (4/4)

40hz:
^Intent on doing what? Defacing a webpage? Bring it on. I'll just restore the site from backup.

But by not wanting to use pHp or related scripting languages, I was purely interested in doing it my own convenience. Not so much for security reasons.  :)

Carol Haynes:
Looks like an excellent link that might have some ideas for you:

http://www.askwebhosting.com/article/89/How_Does_A_Server_Admin_Handle_An_Abuse_Issue.html

Specifically, point 4
4. Login to WHM (Web Hosting Manager) and click on "Contact Manager" under "Server Contacts" menu. Make sure you placed "2 or 3" on Alert Priority Assignment right beside "Recently Uploaded Cgi Script Mail". This will email you on a daily basis (if there are uploaded pages or scripts) that are set to use your smtp or mail on your server which could be the source of spam abusers to send out spam using your ip addresses. Setup a filter for it and it always is prefixed on the Subject: "[newmailcgi] Recently Uploaded CGI scripts" take note that even php form mail that are insecuredly setup to send spam are also reported to your email address setup as contact manager on your server's WHM. Make sure to actively monitor this and when it happened to give ample warnings to the user who uploaded this.

--- End quote ---

-wraith808 (May 21, 2014, 10:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fantastic exactly what I was looking for. I have also managed to get LFD and ClamAV sending email warnings and a daily off peak AV scan of the system.

LFD alerts are particularly useful because it also warns of email flooding events instantly which means I can quickly suspend an account while it is investigated.

Madge:
I suspect it is a CRON job - my data centre says they have no such feature - anyone know how to set up a cron job to do this?
-Carol Haynes (May 21, 2014, 04:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can use this useful free webcron services to create cron job: https://www.easycron.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version