ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Linux Glass

(1/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
http://www.noobslab.com/2012/02/install-tempered-glass-theme-on.html

Maybe it's old hat.  I don't know.  But I've just started to putter with Linux again.  It's nice to see a Glass Theme.

MilesAhead:
Ayyyy.  Looks like the Cinnamon links are old.  :(

Anyone else find some current Glass that looks this cool?

Edvard:
If I turn on compositing in Xfce, I have pretty good control over what is transparent and what is not, and by how much.  Not a look I could really get into, but with the right theme, it was pleasant.  Compositing usually runs with a lot of overhead and isn't supported by the open-source AMD driver, and for the life of me I can't get the proprietary drivers to work on my video card, so for now, I can't run compositing to make any suggestions.

Nice pics though, thanks for sharing!  :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
Thanks for the info.  :)

40hz:
Wow! The Tempered Glass Mint theme for Cinnamon. Does anybody actually use it as their regular desktop theme? With bifocals my eyes can't seem to decide if they want to focus on the background image below the glass, or the text/icons in the foreground. I can't look at it for more than 20 minutes without starting to feel some eye strain.  :(  

Sure is pretty though. :)

(But I do like those flat monochrome icons. Very much indeed. :Thmbsup:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version