ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Any Chance of Making The Options Window Font Twice As Big?

<< < (3/3)

tomos:
I just checked Display Properties / Settings:  Screen Resolution is 1920 x 1080

Under Advanced, the DPI Setting is Large Size (120 DPI) - 125% Normal Size.

So I have increased the overall DPI Setting.
-PhuketGeek (May 27, 2014, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

that's the key - FARR has not responded to this change.
In my experience, many apps dont respond, or dont respond well to the 125% setting...
(Can also be very problematic when on a 768 pixel height display and you cannot read or reach the OK button on dialogues - e.g. in IE.)

phitsc:
And this problem is going to get worse with the adoption of 4k Displays.

PhuketGeek:
I just checked Display Properties / Settings:  Screen Resolution is 1920 x 1080

Under Advanced, the DPI Setting is Large Size (120 DPI) - 125% Normal Size.

So I have increased the overall DPI Setting.
-PhuketGeek (May 27, 2014, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

that's the key - FARR has not responded to this change.
In my experience, many apps dont respond, or dont respond well to the 125% setting...
(Can also be very problematic when on a 768 pixel height display and you cannot read or reach the OK button on dialogues - e.g. in IE.)
-tomos (May 27, 2014, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Re. 768 pixel height display: I had that very problem on my Samsung NC10 Netbook - some programs had configuration windows that couldn't fit in the display, so I couldn't reach the "OK" button, etc.

Some extensions in Firefox are like that, too - they have fixed-size set-up screens, but others have vertical scroll bars on set-up screens so you CAN reach all of the check boxes and OK button.

PhuketGeek:
And this problem is going to get worse with the adoption of 4k Displays.
-phitsc (May 28, 2014, 01:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed. My 24" display is set to 1920x1080, which makes everything look small so I need to increase the DPI to compensate.

Having said that, there is another option for me, as I just saw in Display Properties / Settings / Advanced. See attached image.

I could reset the DPI setting to Normal and adjust the appearance of icons and fonts using the settings in the Display Property / Appearance tab and Appearance / Advanced tab.

When I have time to do this (busy at the moment), I'll let you know the results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version