ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Internet With a Human Face

(1/2) > >>

app103:

INTRODUCTION

Marc [Thiele] emailed me a few weeks ago to ask if I thought my talk would be appropriate to close the conference.

"Marc," I told him, "my talk is perfect for closing the conference! The first half is this incredibly dark rant about how the Internet is alienating and inhuman, how it's turning us all into lonely monsters.”

“But in the second half, I'll turn it around and present my vision of an alternative future. I'll get the audience fired up like a proper American motivational speaker. After the big finish, we'll burst out of the conference hall into the streets of Düsseldorf, hoist the black flag, and change the world.”

Marc said that sounded fine.

As I was preparing this talk, however, I found it getting longer and longer. In the interests of time, I'm afraid I'm only going to be able to present the first half of it today.

This leaves me with a problem of tone.

To fix it, I've gone through the slides and put in a number of animal pictures. If at any point in the talk you find yourself getting blue, just tune out what I'm saying and wait for one of the animal slides, and you'll feel better. I've tried to put in more animals during the darkest parts of the talk.

Look at this guy! Isn't he great?

--- End quote ---

http://idlewords.com/bt14.htm

from Versioning

40hz:
@app - That is absolutely priceless.  8)

Please, please, oh please let somebody post a video of that presentation!

Thank you so much for posting that! :Thmbsup:

app103:
I haven't been able to find a video of it, sorry.  :(

40hz:
^Been looking too: YT...Vimeo...the BT Website...

No joy from me either I'm afraid.

I'll keep looking. Something's bound to show up. Somebody attending must have videoed it even if it wasn't recorded for official posterity.

C'mon Youtube! Don't let me down... 8)

tomos:
Thanks app - that was a great read :up:

anyone know what he's called? Okay, found him - Maciej Ceglowski.

He writes nicely http://idlewords.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version