topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:00 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: window region to full-screen mode  (Read 5381 times)

kilele

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
window region to full-screen mode
« on: May 22, 2014, 03:44 AM »
The idea is an application that let you select a rectangular region within any window (as in software to capture screenshots) and put it on video mode enlarging/scaling it to fit the full screen, this would be useful for games or emulators which are only in window mode or display a reduced size of window.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: window region to full-screen mode
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 01:19 PM »
Enlarging the content outside of the software would cause it to become heavily pixelated and I don't know if it would be possible to work around that.

If the above is true...then I guess you could either just magnify the window using the Ease of Access stuff build into windows, or I guess something could be hacked together that would simply to the exact same thing (IE: Look at a window in the background and overlay a magnified fullscreen version of that window)...Again...Not pretty, and if the window is as small as the GBA Emulator I have...I highly doubt you would be able to recognize anything beyond 800x600 resolution, let-alone 1920x1080 :/

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 05:24 AM »
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 10:13 AM »
The original request is really not a bad idea at all -- surely there are some existing magnify tools for visually imparied that do just this, right?  I mean we know there are zoom/magnify tools -- the post is just asking for one that will do a nice job of magnifying to a full screen.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 12:28 PM »
The original request is really not a bad idea at all -- surely there are some existing magnify tools for visually imparied that do just this, right?  I mean we know there are zoom/magnify tools -- the post is just asking for one that will do a nice job of magnifying to a full screen.

I wasn't saying it wasn't a good idea in theory, just curious as to how badly pixelated a tiny emulator would get if you magnified it to say...1920x1080...Wouldn't the negative outweigh the benefits in those situations?

Saying that though...I CAN see some useful things this could be used for :)

kilele

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 11:57 AM »
Well I had in mind an 8bit micromputer emulator so resolution shouldn't be a problem.
I reckon this is not doable  :)