ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Middle click to close windows in taskbar

(1/3) > >>

spunch:
I tend to have a lot of windows and programs opened at any given time. I am lazy and I usually don't bother closing windows when I'm done working on them. This makes my taskbar appear messy and difficult to navigate through.

The windows taskbar is not very good at letting you close windows easily. It would be nice to be able to close windows on the taskbar with a mere click. A middle click. That's how you close tabs in firefox, I guess I got used to it and would like to see it applied to the taskbar.

:Thmbsup:

Martin:
I second that as an awsome idea!

AndyM:
Good idea!  (I have Donation Credits burning a hole in my virtual pocket...)

Carol Haynes:
That's how you close tabs in firefox, I guess I got used to it and would like to see it applied to the taskbar.
-spunch (May 26, 2006, 10:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Strange - my mouse doesn't do that. Must be different drivers. Middle click on Firefox tabs has no effect, middle click elsewhere cycles though open apps (which I find quite useful). I'm using an MS IntelliMouse Explorer optical.

jgpaiva:
@ Carol: That might be installed extensions-related. I have the default install, and it works here (although, i don't have the mouse you have).
In opera, it also works like that, and makes much sense.

I've been a big fan of bblean, which is an alternative shell for windows based in linux's blackbox (and a great shell, BTW ;) ), and features the exact idea you're asking for. It was great, and one of the things i most looked for when i got back to using explorer. But unfortunatelly, i couldn't find it.
Let's see if someone can do it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version