ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ivy Bridge vs Haswell

<< < (2/2)

superboyac:
My approach is: get a decent CPU, a quality mobo, name-brand power supply and video card, max out the RAM, add a quality hard drive - and call it a day. And no matter what else, try not to let it make you crazy.
-40hz (May 20, 2014, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Brilliant!!  It's exactly the right way.

SeraphimLabs:
The haswells in my experience are quite incredible compared to the sandy and ivy cores.

Long as you pay close attention to its cooling needs, they absolutely haul while using a lot less power than previous generations.

I've been mining altcoins on one almost nonstop for a few months now. With all 4 cores pegged, its about 80W and maintains 65C using a large heatpipe. Gives 83kh as well, unusually high for a CPU.

My favorite build right now is a haswell CPU with 8-16GB of ram, a 160GB SSD for the operating system and programs, and a 1TB conventional for bulk storage. Add a nice GPU to the mix and throw it all together in a cheap case and you get a system that boots Windows 7 in about 14 seconds while staying nice and chill under load and using very little power at idle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version