ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Adobe celebrates 25 years of digital type design; gives away free font

(1/1)

Edvard:

Adobe's open-source font program doesn't stem from a desire to provide freebies, but instead from a need to have fonts that meet the legal requirements to include with its growing number of open-source projects. Source Serif Pro perfectly represents Adobe's current strategy: it's an elegant, well-designed, and fairly complete font, but was created because it was essential to the business, and then tied to a company milestone by PR and marketing to drive Creative Cloud subscriptions. Download it with equal parts delight and cynicism.

--- End quote ---

http://www.cnet.com/news/adobe-offers-free-font-to-celebrate-25-years-of-type-design/

from CodeProject News

tomos:
thanks for the tip Edvard :up:

Download it with equal parts delight and cynicism.
--- End quote ---
well, that gave me a laugh :-)

Source Serif Pro includes three weights -- regular, semibold, and bold -- the most popular ligatures, and both standard and old-style numerals. Latin alphabet only, at least for now.
--- End quote ---
http://sourceforge.net/adobe/sourceserifpro/wiki/Home/

^There's no italic included - I'm not sure what it's intended for - it's sans serif sibling is designed for UI usage:
Source Sans Pro is a set of OpenType fonts that have been designed to work well in user interface (UI) environments.
--- End quote ---

x16wda:
^There's no italic included
-tomos (May 17, 2014, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, gosh, I can just select it and hit ctl-I if I need italics...  :D

cranioscopical:
^There's no italic included
-tomos (May 17, 2014, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, gosh, I can just select it and hit ctl-I if I need italics...  :D
-x16wda (May 17, 2014, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wish you'd exhibit some lack of control!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version