ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Switzerland-based ProtonMail, yet another secure email service

<< < (7/13) > >>

Renegade:
I did understand the point. The definition of anarchy that you are using apparently includes the principle of non-agression.
-IainB (July 01, 2014, 02:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes. It was this part that made me think that you'd misinterpreted me:

You'd probably need to architect the thing with everyone's agreement though, otherwise a lot of innocent people will probably have to die in the revolutionary process.
-IainB (June 21, 2014, 11:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Renegade:
Wellllll... now we know of at least one more company that is securely in the spook's pocket.  I mean, they wouldn't ask if it weren't a concern, right?.  And it wouldn't be a concern unless... :tellme:

I'll let you flip on that light bulb yourself.  ;)
-Edvard (June 30, 2014, 11:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. No coffin nails quite yet, but...

Top 3 search results from StartPage.com:

http://www.boilingfrogspost.com/2013/12/11/bfp-breaking-news-omidyars-paypal-corporation-said-to-be-implicated-in-withheld-nsa-documents/

http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/10/nsa-evil/

http://www.infowars.com/is-paypals-nsa-involvement-being-covered-up/

All from last year. No solid proof, but... c'mon... It's looking pretty obvious.

And it wouldn't be a concern unless... :tellme:
-Edvard (June 30, 2014, 11:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

5,000 Years of History Shows that Mass Spying Is Always Aimed at Crushing Dissent

Also:

500 Years of History Shows that Mass Spying Is Always Aimed at Crushing Dissent

Protonmail is going to need some good luck. It's in for a fight.

IainB:
I did understand the point. The definition of anarchy that you are using apparently includes the principle of non-agression.
-IainB (July 01, 2014, 02:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes. It was this part that made me think that you'd misinterpreted me:
You'd probably need to architect the thing with everyone's agreement though, otherwise a lot of innocent people will probably have to die in the revolutionary process.
-IainB (June 21, 2014, 11:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
-Renegade (July 01, 2014, 02:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, I did make a fuller response but it got zapped in this cruddy editing window and I don't have the inclination to tediously rewrite it.
Suffice it to say that the point I was trying too make was that history would seem to indicate that a religo-political ideology "A" which includes the principle of non-aggression and which is thus not strongly reinforced by authorised/mandated violence and aggression, and which at the same time presumes to conflict with an established and more strongly reinforced (i.e., with authorised/mandated violence and aggression) religo-political ideology "B", is unlikely to get very far.
There will likely be violence/aggression/bloodshed, probably caused mainly by members of "B", against "A".

"Occupy Wall Street" etc. and university students' passive demonstrations (remember the pepper-spraying cop?), would probably be examples of that. Sort of manifestations of tribalism.
The status quo can tend to be fiercely protected by the establishment at times of challenge.

Tuxman:
"Secure". Sure.

IainB:
"Secure". Sure.
-Tuxman (July 01, 2014, 05:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version