ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Switzerland-based ProtonMail, yet another secure email service

<< < (11/13) > >>

holt:
I wonder what anyone thinks of Yandex; I like that they don't require a mobile number.

IainB:
I wonder what anyone thinks of Yandex; I like that they don't require a mobile number.
-holt (March 27, 2016, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
That looks like a link to a mobile-based email service, which is apparently not "secure" in the same context as this thread (is it?).

holt:
-holt (March 27, 2016, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
That looks like a link to a mobile-based email service, which is apparently not "secure" in the same context as this thread (is it?).
-IainB (March 27, 2016, 07:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Good point about 'not secure', which is why I combine it with Tor. What does 'mobile-based' mean, please? I do need it to be cellphone-free and workable with Tor, which it is, and I appreciate your comments very much. PS - I see that Yandex comes in at the #2 spot in About.com's Top 10 Free Email Services for 2016.

IainB:
@holt: Eh? I'm rather confuzzled now.
Your earlier post hadn't mentioned anything about "...I combine it with Tor", so I don't know what that's about.

In your second post, the "Top 10 " link refers to Yandex as "...Yandex.Mail could function as a full we-based IMAP client" - that is, if it was upgraded. That's what i meant about mobile-only - the site you linked to earlier seemed to indicate that actually Yandex.Mail wasn't a pukka web-based IMAP client.
I only posted my comment to suggest politely that you might have posted your comment in a thread where it was not relevant.

I'm sure Yandex is very good (Why wouldn't it be?), but - and I could be wrong, of course - it doesn't seem to be trying to portray itself as providing a secure encrypted email service such as ProtonMail - does it?   :tellme:

holt:
I'm sure you're correct in everything; it appears I posted inappropriately in the wrong thread; sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version