topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Microsoft Surface Pro problems  (Read 2142 times)

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Microsoft Surface Pro problems
« on: August 23, 2017, 07:38 AM »
Consumer Reports has pulled their "Recommended" designation from Microsoft's Surface Pro devices and now recommends against buying any Microsoft tablets and laptops, based on survey results that indicate that as many as 25% will experience problems within the first two years of use.

In this day and age, that is shockingly bad for any computer, let alone one sold as a premium device, as this opinion piece from Computerworld notes.

And if you think that Microsoft is the unwitting victim of circumstances beyond their control, it seems they have been cutting costs by substituting pairs of 512GB SSDs for a single 1TB drive in their top of the line Surface models.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Microsoft Surface Pro problems
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 11:48 AM »
Microsoft disputed the study, saying the company’s return and support rates differ significantly from the Consumer Reports study.

“We don’t believe these findings accurately reflect Surface owners’ true experiences or capture the performance and reliability improvements made with every Surface generation,” the company said in a statement.

And with the findings being based on an 'estimated' failure rate from '90,000 users', I don't have confidence in their findings.  If they released their study, then it could be scrutinized.

Microsoft has never won my trust for its Surface line, and I see no reason to start buying its laptops now.

And that reveals the bias.