ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Photoshop Tutorials

(1/3) > >>

Harrie:
Photoshop Tutorials

For those who like 'em!

mouser:
wow - what a find. very nice  :Thmbsup:

Harrie:
Thanks, mouser.   :)  It looked like a nice one for you lot here!

Carol Haynes:
Looks good to me too - There are loads of PS tutorial sites out there maybe we should collect together a thread of the best of them:

Here's one of my favourites (I also like her books) http://www.myjanee.com/ and she is very responsive to email.

Another commercial site which is excellent is www.lynda.com which has tutorials for lots of different applications (not just PS). It is a commercial training site and their CDs are not cheap. They also do a monthly subscription of $25 for access to all of their library (I am actually thinking of subscribing for a couple of months and then blitzing the site for the things I am interested in). Most titles (including PS) have a fair number of free tutorials which you can watch without subscription - some of which are really excellent.

Finally there is a really good 'class' site (www.lvsonline.com) which runs taught classes in all sorts (including PS). The courses generally run for about 10 weeks and are very good and cheap as chips ($25 for your first course and $20 thereafter). You have to complete assignments and so they have the great advantage of focussing the mind and providing constructive help and feedback. I have done a few of their courses so I know they are well worth the money - especially if you are trying to learn something as complex as PS. Their courses aren't just beginners courses either which is really good. They are also good a negotiating academic level discounts for lots of software (sometimes unfortunately only available in the US).

nudone:
lynda.com is great and so too is www.vtc.com (same sort of monthly subscription deal).

www.totaltraining.com will cost more but i think they are the worth it if you want to get serious.

i think posting a list here of all the 'tutorial' sites would quickly suffer from what all (or most of) the 'tutorial list' sites suffer from, i.e. repetition/redundancy.

or, maybe, i'm just being negative.

i'd like to see a 'definitive' list of tutorials that really show clear methods for various techniques rather than 'here's another link for a tutorial on how to make a glass button.'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version