topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: AntiSnooper - Privacy Protection (Freeware)  (Read 11334 times)

bagrify.com

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
AntiSnooper - Privacy Protection (Freeware)
« on: May 07, 2014, 02:57 PM »
Hi DonationCoder's,

I would like to announce the AntiSnooper - Privacy Protection software.
AntiSnooper download page

AntiSnooper is a sort of privacy filters that protect data from people standing directly behind you and prevent looking to your application windows - Chats/Browsers/etc…

I have created it in order for keeping my screen private and activities on the computer to myself and to prevent computer screen from shoulder surfing attack to obtain passwords, PINs, security codes, etc.

You can get the Quick Tour of AntiSnooper features.

Here is the main window of AntiSnooper where you can configure what window to protect and set the type of protection (blurring window content or set your favorite screensaver):

ASScreenShot.png

Here is the notepad with protection type - Window Obscure:

notepad.gif

Here is the notepad with protection type - ScreenSaver:

notepad_ss.gif

I would be happy to hear from you any suggestions for improvement! Just drop a line what you what to see in the next release :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: AntiSnooper - Privacy Protection (Freeware)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:09 PM »
Neat  :up:
Welcome to the site, bagrify.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 06:54 AM »
I have created it in order for keeping my screen private and activities on the computer to myself and to prevent computer screen from shoulder surfing attack to obtain passwords, PINs, security codes, etc.
-bagrify.com (May 07, 2014, 02:57 PM)

Minor technical point, Shoulder Surfing involves observation of the keyboard or other input device not the screen. SS 101 in an office environment would be to position yourself to see the first (and possibly last) keystrokes, count the number of keystrokes, and then casually glance about the cubical/office to find something that fits the (x___?) criteria. This is precisely why names and common word passwords are a bad idea.

Note: As an admin, I frequently use this technique to spot check the staff.

Other than that it does seem like a cool idea that would work for password managers that have to display the password on the screen, or for working on documents with sensitive content.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 07:45 AM »

Minor technical point, Shoulder Surfing involves observation of the keyboard or other input device not the screen. SS 101 in an office environment would be to position yourself to see the first (and possibly last) keystrokes, count the number of keystrokes, and then casually glance about the cubical/office to find something that fits the (x___?) criteria. This is precisely why names and common word passwords are a bad idea.

Note: As an admin, I frequently use this technique to spot check the staff.

Other than that it does seem like a cool idea that would work for password managers that have to display the password on the screen, or for working on documents with sensitive content.
-Stoic Joker (May 08, 2014, 06:54 AM)

I guess I am a bit confused. As a feeble student of the magician's art of misdirection, you'd want at least two cracks at a "mark's" password and def looking at hands on the keyboard rather than the screen. So since very little software I've seen actually displays the password as you type it, depending how fast they are, you're guessing if the approx letters they are typing coalesce into a word, or if they are of the "d6keLr#" variety.

Of all the weird security concerns out there, shoulder surfing for passwords hasn't been one of mine. Either I get my back to a wall in a net cafe, or else suspecting co-workers leads down spirals of paranoia.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 11:47 AM »
-Stoic Joker (May 08, 2014, 06:54 AM)

I guess I am a bit confused. As a feeble student of the magician's art of misdirection, you'd want at least two cracks at a "mark's" password and def looking at hands on the keyboard rather than the screen. So since very little software I've seen actually displays the password as you type it, depending how fast they are, you're guessing if the approx letters they are typing coalesce into a word, or if they are of the "d6keLr#" variety.

Of all the weird security concerns out there, shoulder surfing for passwords hasn't been one of mine. Either I get my back to a wall in a net cafe, or else suspecting co-workers leads down spirals of paranoia.

I hear ya man, it's not one of my top ten either ... But it does come in oh so very handy every now and then..

(an example)
You're on site to do a job for a client that centers around a anal-retentive user that doesn't wish to share their password with you (even though you're there to resolve their issue). It truly is astonishing how many people will happily give you complete unsupervised access to their machine (And. Its. Data...) for service...but will then staunchly refuse to share the password - including a temporary one... - for "security reasons".

The resolution requires frequently rebooting the computer as various configurations are tested...and the user keeps wandering off, so you end up wasting most of the diagnostic time tracking their silly ass down to get logged back into the machine.

They of course quickly get pissy about the game because you are rudely interrupting their screw off time with your constant nonsensical need to get the friggin job done.

Play time is now over. :D

First pass objective is first character, key count, and last character.
Second pass objective is second character, and another crack at last character (if missed on previous step).
etcetera... ;)

At all points the sum total of hand movements and locations are taken into consideration for the purpose of ascertaining what if any numbers, special characters, and capitols are used (helps with word guessing too). Close attention is to be paid to the shift keys, and for a quick make'em type it twice bonus caps lock can be pressed before they get to the keyboard.

Carefully worded casual conversation about key items (like pictures) on their desk can also help yield clues to what the target password might be.

Sativarg

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 11:32 AM »
Here is the main window of AntiSnooper where you can configure what window to protect and set the type of protection (blurring window content or set your favorite screensaver):
Hello bagrify
I have been looking for a program with similar functionality that could help me with an eye problem. I have two detatched retina. I have setup Windows 7 to use dark colors for background and bright colors for the text. This is working well. But, some rogue programs will not conform to the color choices I require. Please improve accessibility | avast ! feedback When Avast! free antivirus User interface comes up I either have to switch to a Aero theme and invert magnifier or I have to squint and try to read the super bright wightish text on the super bright white background. I usually do the latter and have to spend an hour waiting for my retina to recover from the drain on oxygen and nutrients. Full contrast recovery may take as long as 5 hours depending on how I am, otherwise.

There are few programs that refuse to comply with the windows colors I need so a program like yours would be able to apply some sort of color inversion to selected windows with little or no disruption to the rest of the desktop or environment. A further help would be the selection of window region(s) to modify. Avast has a dark left pain that is good so full inversion of the ui renders that side less than optimal.

Thus my request for an invert option as one of the type of protections. I Know there are others out there with similar eye problems and they would also like this functionality.

blessings, best wishes, and thank you
chuck aka Sativarg  :^)

taowa

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 03:50 PM »
It's free?

It asks for a registration key.

Sativarg

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

bagrify.com

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 12:47 PM »
Sativarg

Thanks for your comments and detailed description. I'm working on new AntiSnooper version and very interested in your proposition. Could you please send us couple words on [email protected] on what specific features must be added to AntiSnooper on your opinion? Thanks.

taowa

There are two version - Lite and Pro. You can download the free version here.