ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

An interesting look at what 'Big Data' means to privacy

<< < (4/4)

SeraphimLabs:
My workaround to the facebook problem is I keep my facebook in my business name.

That way if anyone asks to be able to login to it, I can respond with okay but you have to sign this nondisclosure agreement and contract with my company in order to access company confidential resources.

To date nobody has ever taken me up on it, and given that I keep the account in a perpetually dormant state there's nothing there to see anyway.

People need to not be so eager to put their life stories on the internet. Your facebook is the easiest possible way to have your identity stolen, because anyone can get the info they need to social engineer their way into your accounts from it.

Stoic Joker:
People need to not be so eager to put their life stories on the internet. Your facebook is the easiest possible way to have your identity stolen, because anyone can get the info they need to social engineer their way into your accounts from it.-SeraphimLabs (May 08, 2014, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1 - I swear it's like some kind of drug or something. I have a FaceBook account that I setup under a pseudonym about a year ago, just to see if I could. I never did anything with it; no pictures; no profile; no content. I just checked it...and I have 7 friend requests. Seriously??

...Are they trying to draw me out of my shell or something??

Zoiks.

MilesAhead:

+1 - I swear it's like some kind of drug or something. I have a FaceBook account that I setup under a pseudonym about a year ago, just to see if I could. I never did anything with it; no pictures; no profile; no content. I just checked it...and I have 7 friend requests. Seriously??

...Are they trying to draw me out of my shell or something??

Zoiks.
-Stoic Joker (May 08, 2014, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I signed up with Facebook just because it can be used to sign into other sites.  Leaving a comment on a software blog,as example.  It's handy for "one off" interactions. Almost a replacement for the "bug me not" browser AddOn.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version