topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 11:20 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SnagIt now has 1-click to post your captures to Flickr  (Read 3289 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Got this in an email today ... looks useful

NEW: Easily Share on Flickr!
Upload directly to Flickr

Many users already know Flickr’s online photo management service is an excellent way to share SnagIt screen captures. (In fact, Flickr has over 2.5 million registered users!)

Why?  Because uploading a capture to Flickr and sharing a link to that image is much easier - and more  universal - than sharing image files as attachments.

Best of all, SnagIt will automatically upload your capture and copy the URL of that image on Flickr to your clipboard. It's literally a one-click process to get your screenshots online and ready to share by e-mail or instant messenger!

SnagIt to Flickr Profiles let you maximize the benefits of both tools - you get SnagIt’s crystal clear screen captures with the ease of sharing on Flickr.

The SnagIt to Flickr Profiles are contained in a single, free download for current SnagIt users. Try it today!

Learn more > http://www.techsmith...ews32&ATT=flickr

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: SnagIt now has 1-click to post your captures to Flickr
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 02:01 PM »
people could be writing these tools for screenshot captor also, very easily.
i think some concerted effort is going to have to be made to make or find commandline tools for uploading, emailing, etc. if screenshot captor is to keep up.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SnagIt now has 1-click to post your captures to Flickr
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 02:18 PM »
I have to say I have tried it and it is really nice ... you just set one of the Flickr profiles as your default and then hit PrtScr, Finish and Upload and it is done (it handles all the logging in etc.).

Plus when it has finished you have what you specified on the clipboard (it can be eg. the URL or HTML code to add to a webpage to link to the image amongst other things).

There is a link on the above page to a tutorial movie on how to set it up and use it (for convenience it is here). I suspect you may need the TSCC codec installed to view (though maybe not - it's hard to tell as I have it installed anyway).