ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a good non-Logitech keyboard

<< < (4/7) > >>

x16wda:
I just wish keyboards would go back to having an oversized enter-key like they used to when the IBM Selectric roamed the Earth.
-40hz (May 03, 2014, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a good Steampunk project for someone!

40hz:
^There are some amazing Steampunk themed hardware projects out there. A quick Google will spot you a dozen or more. Mahogany and teakwood cabinets, brass appointments, old fashioned round plunger-type typewriter keys...

Looking for a good non-Logitech keyboard

Some very creative people have way too much time on their hands.  ;D

J-Mac:

I think I got mine for about $60 on sale, plus I had a gift card which brought the price down to something really nice, like $30. But still. I need a new keyboard now, and they're $100 now.
-Deozaan (May 02, 2014, 01:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do what I do. I track the prices at Amazon for certain items that I may buy repeatedly - like my K800! - and buy one when it is on sale, or at least priced significantly lower than usual. I just purchased a spare in March for $70. It is still in the box but at least it is there for when I need it. I also have a few new mice hanging around for when my current one bites the dust.

Jim

Innuendo:
I'd be very leary of stocking up on K800s as the first one I bought was defective out of the box. It was a weird defect with the sensor that causes the backlight to light up when your hands get near. The defect manifested itself if you would hover your hand a couple millimeters of the Inverted-T cursor keys and moved your hand forward and back. The active window on your screen would scroll downward.

Second unit worked perfect....and passed every n-key rollover test I could find on the internet. I've heard some units don't, though.

Deozaan:
What is an Inverted-T cursor key? :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version