topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Sell your MS Office 2010?  (Read 6164 times)

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sell your MS Office 2010?
« on: April 30, 2014, 02:41 PM »
Do you have one or more licenses for MS Office 2010 which you are not using? I would like to buy one copy of Office Home & Student, and two copies of Office Home & Business, with installation CDs. The licenses would be transferred from your computer to mine, of course. Please send offers by PM, and post comments to this forum thread.

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Sell your MS Office 2010?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 12:40 PM »
I've changed my plan. Instead of MS Office I will try Softmaker Office. The price is so much better, and compatibility is reportedly quite good. I'll feel much better if I can get free from MS.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 03:21 PM »
You can also try LibreOffice, which is free. :Thmbsup:

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 03:30 PM »

I use both: Softmaker Office is much more compatible with MS Office. Libre Office's compatibility is so-so to poor in my experience. Softmaker's main weakness in comparision to Libre (again in my experience) is it's search - search steals focus, and doesnt allow you to edit, you've got to close it (search) to do anything - and then open it again to continue.

Softmaker forums are active, I'd highly recommend it if MS compatibility is important (disclaimer: I've absolutely no experience with PowerPoint/Presentations).
Tom

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 06:29 PM »
You can also try LibreOffice, which is free.
Thanks, Deozaan. Our organization has gone to LibreOffice in an effort to break free from Microsoft, so I use it as necessary. But it is sometimes surprisingly different or simply awkward in the way it works. It is fine as a free Office suite, but I would never use or recommend it specifically as a replacement for MS Office. That's why I want to try Softmaker Office. If it is as similar to MS Office as I have heard, I would rather pay for it than use the free LibreOffice. (Yes, I know Softmaker has a free version, but I need the more advanced capabilities of the paid version.)

I use both: Softmaker Office is much more compatible with MS Office. Libre Office's compatibility is so-so to poor in my experience. ... I'd highly recommend [Softmaker] if MS compatibility is important
Thanks, Tomos, for that confirmation. Yes, compatibility with MS Office is important for my use, so that's another reason I don't want to go with LibreOffice.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:55 PM by Scott_Y »

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 12:38 AM »
I use both: Softmaker Office is much more compatible with MS Office. Libre Office's compatibility is so-so to poor in my experience. Softmaker's main weakness in comparision to Libre (again in my experience) is it's search - search steals focus, and doesnt allow you to edit, you've got to close it (search) to do anything - and then open it again to continue.

Once you've searched for something and closed the search, you can press F3 to search again without having to open the search dialog.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 03:26 AM »

Once you've searched for something and closed the search, you can press F3 to search again without having to open the search dialog.

thanks for that tip Jibz, will try it out shortly :up:
Tom

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 04:38 AM »

Softmaker forums are active, I'd highly recommend it if MS compatibility is important (disclaimer: I've absolutely no experience with PowerPoint/Presentations).

I'm running both also. Already had MS Office 2010 Professional, and I had used SoftMaker Office 2010 Pro on a desktop and earlier versions on my old Pocket PC devices. SoftMaker allows upgrades no matter how long ago you used their product so I purchased their SoftMaker Office Pro 2012. Left MS Office 2010 installed until I felt fully capable on the SM product. Still have both installed; no conflicts. SM Office is missing some features I use on Excel and Word but basically has everything you need.

Jim