ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft Races To Fix Massive Internet Explorer Hack

<< < (6/8) > >>

tomos:
Wondering is there any way of easily checking what updates are installed? (in Win7, they show you a nice list after updating/rebooting, but I dont know how to access that)-tomos (May 02, 2014, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Control Panel-->System and Security then look for View Installed Updates under the Windows Update section.
-Stoic Joker (May 02, 2014, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

app103:
I don't understand why people keep calling this a Windows XP update. It's not. It uses the "Microsoft Update" automated update system to update a Microsoft product, namely IE. It's not an update to XP. It's an update to IE.
-Deozaan (May 02, 2014, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because if it were classified as a Microsoft update for IE, as you say, covering all installations of IE 6 through 11, then those running Win98/ME/2K/pre-SP3 XP, with IE6, would also receive that update, just like XP SP3 users with IE6...and they are not. So this is an XP SP3 update.  ;)

Innuendo:
I don't understand why people keep calling this a Windows XP update. It's not. It uses the "Microsoft Update" automated update system to update a Microsoft product, namely IE. It's not an update to XP. It's an update to IE.-Deozaan (May 02, 2014, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Quit clouding the issue with facts. We people of the internet do not take kindly to people who cloud.  ;)

TaoPhoenix:
Quit clouding the issue with facts. We people of the internet do not take kindly to people who cloud.  ;)
-Innuendo (May 02, 2014, 09:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh that's just *made* for the Simpson's Homer voice!
:)

crabby3:
However, KB 2964358 is rated as "important" rather than "critical," even though it would seem that the issue is more serious than "important" suggests.
-cyberdiva (May 02, 2014, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Vista is my poison and the update was listed as 'important' as well.  Though I don't recall ever seeing one labled 'critical'.  Just Important and Recommended.
Had to reset my Update History so it only goes back to December 2013 and Installed Updates doesn't list Importance so I may have had a Critical.

Moreover, this update was offered to me but not checked, which usually is a sign I shouldn't be quick to install it.
--- End quote ---
Mine was also unchecked.

Needless to say, I haven't yet installed it.   :huh: 
--- End quote ---
Why would one chose to ignore a security update for anything installed?   :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version