ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: Add CCleaner secure file delete to Explore/Opus context menu

(1/4) > >>

dcwul62:
CCleaner is a wonderful tool with a lot of options.
One thing, regularly being asked for, is missing though.

-Select files and/or folder
-Have a context menu item to "Secure delete" the selected items.

On their site http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/command-line-parameters
Pirifiform does have a command:  CCleaner.exe /DELETE "path_to_file(s)" /METHOD "0-3"

On that basis, I wonder whether it would be possible to develop a CCleaner context menu/button deleting selected items.

Haven't found a solution on Internet sofar.
I think it would make quite some folks happy.
Secure Delete files/folder now requires 3rd party tools.

But then again, maybe it is not possible at all...

Nothing wrong with asking...  ;)

=

MilesAhead:
This looks like it does the job.

Note: The download link is just above the Online File Sharing ad, before you get to the comments section.

dcwul62:
I am not sure. I think the tool in the link is about adding/removing context menu items etc.
However, CCleaner has -no possibilities-  of a context menu to secure-delete files yet.
Maybe one day in future, but not right now.
i.e. it would require some programming (via autohotkey?) to accomplish this.
=

MilesAhead:
You add the command line you supplied to the context menu of Explorer using the tool.

I don't think you will find many programmers willing to write a knock off utility to delete and scrub files so that they cannot be undeleted.  Nobody wants to be liable for irreparable damage to somebody's data.

I suggest trying it on dummy data until you are very confident it works as intended.

dcwul62:
Point is that in the commandline users have to define exactly what, i.e. name of files, name of folders, should be securely deleted.
Meaning that the names of files/folders are 'fixed' in advance.
Whereas my idea is to select files/folders (can be anything) and that these files/folders are 'passed on' to ccleaner to be erased.
As said, currently one has to use 3rd party tools (fileshredders) having context menu support.
Well, anyway.. it was/is a suggestion only.
=

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version