topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Cheap fountain pen shootout  (Read 28605 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Cheap fountain pen shootout
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 04:56 PM »
(always took notes with one of these, though)

Aha! Haven't seen one of those pens in years. (My GF loved them. She still buys these.) I bet you were like her - one of those "brainy-girls" with that beau-coup cool and super-artsy notebook they all seemed to have weren't you? ;D

I don't know about that. I don't know what a "beau-coup cool and super-artsy notebook" looks like.  :tellme:

My 8th grade history teacher made fun of me for "writing with a log" till he actually saw my notebook. He thought it was the most magnificent notebook he had ever seen and wanted to know where I bought that pen (he wanted to buy them in bulk for all of his students)

I used almost all 10 colors, drew related doodles every so often, anything to make recall easier.

Never had to study for a test in my life. If I couldn't remember an answer, I just tried to remember what color the answer was, what doodle was next to it, where on the page it was, etc. and the answer would just come to me, as if I had the notes right in front of me.

You could say that every test was an "open notes" test for me, even though my notes were in my locker. One of the advantages of being a very visual person.

My daughter did something similar (I taught her well), but she was lucky enough to also have access to double ended highlighters, that contained 2 different colors of ink.  :)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 05:46 PM »
I don't know about that. I don't know what a "beau-coup cool and super-artsy notebook" looks like.

Y'know...notebooks that look like this: :P

notebook.jpgCheap fountain pen shootout

notebook2.jpgCheap fountain pen shootout

notebook3.jpgCheap fountain pen shootout

notebook4.jpgCheap fountain pen shootout

8)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2014, 01:59 AM »
I don't know about that. I don't know what a "beau-coup cool and super-artsy notebook" looks like.

Y'know...notebooks that look like this: :P
 (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)
 8)

The first and last example would work for what I was doing. (the other 2 are not good for memorization) The last example is closer to what I was doing, if you throw in more text colors.  :)