ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Can anyone convert a WordPerfect file to PDF for me?

<< < (2/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
Yeah. I took a look at the PDF as I don't have any Word tools.  The lady should take a crash class in Page Break.  At least do a Print Preview and see where to insert Page Breaks.

That's the easiest way to improve the look of output without really having to study the word processor.  My favorite is a stack of document and the last page just has " - NN - " (page number) on a line at the top.  Makes it seem as if nobody read the thing before deciding to publish it  :)

Innuendo:
Miles, either that or she keeps a bottle of something in her desk. ;)

MilesAhead:
-Innuendo (April 27, 2014, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh.  So you are saying not enough page breaks and too many booze breaks?  :)

If I wrote a word processor it wouldn't be named Word Perfect.  It would likely be named Words not too bad considering who wrote the thing.

cthorpe:
Yes, I know the formatting is terrible for the PDF.  We have tried to help her in various ways, but it has all be for naught.  She's been the secretary for quite some time and is set in her ways. 

Keep in mind that the printed version of the document does not have the massive blank areas, as they are filled with excerpts of hymns.  It looks acceptable in the printed format.

-Innuendo (April 27, 2014, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh.  So you are saying not enough page breaks and too many booze breaks?  :)

If I wrote a word processor it wouldn't be named Word Perfect.  It would likely be named Words not too bad considering who wrote the thing.

-MilesAhead (April 28, 2014, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's not nice :)

Carl

MilesAhead:
@Carl when it says "Word not so bad considering who wrote the thing" I meant that I wrote the word processing program.  So no way it would be perfect.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version