ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Ludum Dare 29: April 25-28 Weekend

<< < (4/5) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I didn't realize it was that difficult. I've only seen one person besides myself play the game, and she also had troubles controlling the worm. But I just chalked that up to the fact that she's not much of a gamer.

Hmm...  :-\
-Deozaan (May 01, 2014, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe not! I beat the game! (Unless it's a bug!) It stopped spawning red guys.

And I do think I figured out the tricks.

1. The lack of distance markers is confusing so you have only temporal/time passing to guess where they are.
2. Do long slow strafing runs. Use the whole play bounds.
3. If you miss your run, abort mission and regroup. It's trying to overcorrect that's the problem.
4. Momentum matters. If you get stuck under the brown ground line, you can't still continue above it - it makes you "slide" uselessly under it. Abort mission.
5. No quick movements! We are pressing too hard on the control keys and then once it starts a loop abort mission!
6. You have to judge momentum very well, so that you can break the surface. Start a long slow approach, and then get ready to *tap* the key, not press it!

There are still some bugs. (Or just my comp!) My colors shifted to dark maroon for a while once!
I was about to take a screenshot.

Can anyone else clear enough people so they stop spawning?

TaoPhoenix:
I didn't realize it was that difficult. I've only seen one person besides myself play the game, and she also had troubles controlling the worm. But I just chalked that up to the fact that she's not much of a gamer.

Hmm...  :-\
-Deozaan (May 01, 2014, 08:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cant speak for Tao, but I'm not much of a gamer either.
And I found the difficulties entertaining (as well as challenging, as said).
-tomos (May 01, 2014, 08:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heh Tomos see my big post I just did!

TaoPhoenix:
<Ben Stein> Deozaan? Tomos? </Ben Stein>

:)

Deozaan:
It's a bug. There are two inexplicable bugs that I've been made aware of:

1. Somehow, sometimes the people stop spawning
2. Somehow, sometimes the bullets stop hitting/hurting the worm.

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing in the game that should make it possible for the colors to shift. I'd guess it's your monitor or video card. But I could be wrong.

tomos:
@Tao - is that your interview voice :)

Yes, your tips helped but the reason I'm not a good gamer is I still react to something going to far e.g. to the left, I react by pressing the right button with all my strength (poor keyboard) and of course then the worm/whaver moves too far in the other direction. So I'm not at your level - once I played it and there were very few left - I still couldn't get rid of them, but they didnt seem to be reproducing.

Ah, I see Deo just confirmed it as a bug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version