I didn't realize it was that difficult. I've only seen one person besides myself play the game, and she also had troubles controlling the worm. But I just chalked that up to the fact that she's not much of a gamer.
Maybe not! I beat the game! (Unless it's a bug!) It stopped spawning red guys.
And I do think I figured out the tricks.
1. The lack of distance markers is confusing so you have only temporal/time passing to guess where they are.
2. Do long slow strafing runs. Use the whole play bounds.
3. If you miss your run, abort mission and regroup. It's trying to overcorrect that's the problem.
4. Momentum matters. If you get stuck under the brown ground line, you can't still continue above it - it makes you "slide" uselessly under it. Abort mission.
5. No quick movements! We are pressing too hard on the control keys and then once it starts a loop abort mission!
6. You have to judge momentum very well, so that you can break the surface. Start a long slow approach, and then get ready to *tap* the key, not press it!
There are still some bugs. (Or just my comp!) My colors shifted to dark maroon for a while once!
I was about to take a screenshot.
Can anyone else clear enough people so they stop spawning?