topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:54 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Quick Paste pop-up  (Read 3672 times)

ClipPete

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Quick Paste pop-up
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:58 PM »
Hi folks I'm new to this software and still have much to learn about it.

It looks like it has many great features that I hope to discover.

About the Quick Past pop-up.

Right now when I pop-up the Quick Paste and select "1" to paste it, the pop-up disappears.
Is it possible to keep the pop-up on screen until it is closed manually?

Or if that is not possible, are there hotkeys to pull up New Clipboard Items for quick pasting?

Say Ctrl-Alt-1 for a quick paste of the first new clipboard item into the current document?
And say, Ctrl-Alt-2 for a quick paste of the second new clipboard item into the current document? 
etc.

Thanks!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Quick Paste pop-up
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 07:52 AM »
Welcome, Pete!

Ok so there are two issues -- first, if you want to keep the clips open and paste multiple ones, just use ctrl+alt+W to show the main window and then double click items to send them to the last window.

Second, if you want to paste items and move down the list so that each new paste gets you the next one down, then what you are looking for is the "STACK" feature.  Unfortunately, although I coded it, I do not remember how to use it in the slightest.  Hopefully others can remind us..  :o

ClipPete

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 03:33 PM »
Ok so there are two issues -- first, if you want to keep the clips open and paste multiple ones, just use ctrl+alt+W to show the main window and then double click items to send them to the last window.

Second, if you want to paste items and move down the list so that each new paste gets you the next one down, then what you are looking for is the "STACK" feature.

Thanks Mouse for your help and also the welcome.  :)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 03:40 PM »
if you want to keep the clips open and paste multiple ones, just use ctrl+alt+W to show the main window and then double click items to send them to the last window.

This sounds useful - unfortunately it doesnt work with Win8 (tried with Firefox & Notepad).
I get the copied sound, but nothing pastes. Can try it on Win7 tomorrow.

(and sorry, cant help either with 'Stack' feature. And another welcome to ClipPete :-)
Tom