Something that relates to USB 3 has changed in my system.
I have a Thermaltake BlacX external cradle for use with bare HDDs. BlacX 5G Dual Sata 5.0 GBps 3 Tb Usb 3.0 External Hard Drive ST0022U. (link
Suddenly, when I try to move files of significant size to/from it, under Windows 8.1-64
, I get a system error which is:An error occurred copying
<name of file>
The system cannot find the file specified
Among other things this means that I can no longer run or retrieve backups using USB 3.0.
- I have the same error with a cradle of a different brand.
- I have the same error when trying different drives in the cradle.
- I can read/write what I like if I'm connected with USB 2
- I have the latest USB 3 driver in my system (Renesas USB 3,0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0096 Microsoft).
- Using USB 3, I can read/write smaller files to from a drive in the cradle (4.96GB for example)
So, like a lumber-jacked tree, I'm stumped.
Can somebody be kind enough to suggest an appropriate starting point for seeking a fix?