topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [Doubts] One Pixel Difference in Selected Region and Dimension Display  (Read 4501 times)

simongcc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Version: Screencaptor 4.8
Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768

When capture the whole screen, the screen width is 1366 pixel, when using Selected Region from left to right, only 1365 pixel is captured.
For height, the screen height is 768 pixel but Selected Region is only 767 pixel by maximum. Is it normal?

If using the Selected Region at left OR edge of the screen, the dimension will be out of screen, I suggest the dimension display putting on top or bottom of the screen at the left or right edge or vice versa, this will make the dimension always visible. Because I am doing web development, in some cases for quick reference purpose, that is unavoidable. Just suggestion.

Thanks for creating great software.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
1. interesting discovery!.. seems like you may have found a small bug with selection region capture where you can't get select the edge pixels of screen in selection mode.. on the other hand when doing selected region capture it is almost never the case that you want those edge pixels..

2. you are very correct, i shall fix.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
1) Hm, for region select, I'd expect to get the selection inside the selection-box that I've meticulously drawn around the stuff I'd like to capture using the enlarged view near the cursor, and not have 1 extra pixel-row added on any of the sides. For a full-screen grab there are other options available. When needing a partial screenshot from the bounds of the screen, Mouser's advice/suggestion has been to take a capture of the entire screen, and edit that to the desired size. So I doubt if this is a bug of any kind.
It could be convenient to have that pixel-row included when selection is at the bounds of the screen, though, even when there is an optional extra monitor displaying at that bound of the current screen, but that would be a feature-request, IMHO.

2) Yep, that would be 'nice to have', now the size just disappears when getting to close to the screen boundaries, so an up-vote from me :up:

simongcc

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for your positive feedback,

about 1), should I post it somewhere else as Feature-request?

It is getting more interesting as time goes by, when I develop and play with Frontend with more projects, many inspirations and discovery.  ;D

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
1) Hm, for region select, I'd expect to get the selection inside the selection-box that I've meticulously drawn around the stuff I'd like to capture using the enlarged view near the cursor, and not have 1 extra pixel-row added on any of the sides.

Doesn't a region select have to capture what is on the edge as well? or there is no way to select the entire width or height of an image. Unless you somehow allow the selection to go one pixel beyond the edge, but that seems somewhat strange.

ehlersm

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hey,

one more thing: when manually selecting an area and then copying the software also forgets the rightmost and bottom pixels, i.e. you have to select one additional pixel below and right of the area you want to copy to get the wished result...

And thumbs up for this great piece of software, been using it for years :)