ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How link to pix in Tumblr?

<< < (3/5) > >>

bit:
You're doing it wrong  :)

Firefox (Pale Moon/Waterfox):

Menu->Web Developer->Inspector:
 (see attachment in previous post)
Click picture:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-4wd (March 16, 2014, 12:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Okay so far that doesn't seem to bring up a link for me in Firefox.
Do you think I should install Pale Moon or Waterfox and try again?
Maybe I should try that.-bit (March 16, 2014, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Works fine here in Firefox 26.0 and Pale Moon 27.0 - so if you're not seeing it you're holding your tongue wrong.

You don't even have to click on the image on a page, just mouse over it and the relevant line in the source will be highlighted in the Inspector window.
-4wd (March 16, 2014, 07:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
In Firefox I run AdBlock Edge, Ghostery, and TrackMeNot, plus I don't know what else; maybe that's interfering?

Okay, with PaleMoon and Waterfox; in preview screens PaleMoon is a brighter overall look and Waterfox is darker and easier on my eyes.
The Waterfox official download page only shows 64-bit; but I see they do offer a Portable version which is far preferable to me.
Can I install Waterfox Portable 64-bit on my Win7 32-bit OS?

I found a 32-bit Waterfox but it's from Softonic, and I'm not sure if that's going to load me down with add-on crapware or not, which happened once and it's hard to remember which software hosts do that and which ones play fair.

bit:
BTW, when I originally went to install Windows 7 Pro, the 64-bit disc-install process would hang over and over again and again, so I finally had to install 32-bit.
Is there a way to just convert my OS from 32-bit to 64-bit, or do you have to start all over and reinstall and rebuild the entire OS from scratch?

bit:
BTW, when I've got a million windows open and want to close them all at once, is there a shortcut command for that?

4wd:
In Firefox I run AdBlock Edge, Ghostery, and TrackMeNot, plus I don't know what else; maybe that's interfering?-bit (March 16, 2014, 07:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I run Ghostery, AdBlock Edge, RefControl, Request Policy, Self Destructing Cookies, and a couple of others - none of them interfere with the Inspector.

The Waterfox official download page only shows 64-bit; but I see they do offer a Portable version which is far preferable to me.
Can I install Waterfox Portable 64-bit on my Win7 32-bit OS?
--- End quote ---

Waterfox is only x64, and no you can't install 64-bit programs onto a 32-bit OS - unless you do so via a VM (which is beyond the scope of the problem).

I found a 32-bit Waterfox but it's from Softonic, ...
--- End quote ---

Only version on there that shows up in a search is Waterfox x64 v18.0.1 ?

Is there a way to just convert my OS from 32-bit to 64-bit, or do you have to start all over and reinstall and rebuild the entire OS from scratch?-bit (March 16, 2014, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

A full re-install is required if you're changing architecture, x64<->x86.

BTW, when I've got a million windows open and want to close them all at once, is there a shortcut command for that?-bit (March 16, 2014, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

From SuperUser:
Simultaneously close all open windows:

*     While pressing the Ctrl key, successively click each of the task icons on the taskbar.
*     Right-click the last task icon, and choose Close Group.
If you only want to minimize the windows, use the 'Show Desktop' shorcut.

--- End quote ---

IainB:
^^ Logoff would also do it!   ;)

...but seriously, I find VistaSwitcher is pretty good, because you can Al-Tab and then select all the windows you want to close, Right-Click and close them. If you learn how to use it, it's a very handy little tool, and FREE.     :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version