ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PREY trailer - looks funky

<< < (3/4) > >>

p3lb0x:
Portal is indeed a lovely game. Its not just the portals thats awesome about it either the dark humor is at least 25 percent of the gaming experience

f0dder:
I didn't realize that completing the main Portal game unlocked extra levels, until p3lb0x told me so :-[

It's indeed a very nice little game, with some great humor. And the way the story progresses is nice as well...
SpoilerI love it that you start in media res, in a clinical environment, without any clue what's going on... I really thought the game would end with the incinerator, but nooo - it's like it doesn't start until then. Lovely!

It's funny that portal technology (used as an engine technique) is pretty old, but it took until Prey and Portal to incorporate it as game elements (as far as I know, anyway). It's too bad Valve didn't go all the way with this, though - portals have to be fired at planar surfaces (ie, not on a hilltop or anything "funky"), regular HL2 AI doesn't take it into account, etc... I'd love to see this being used in more games, although I can imagine it's very hard to incorporate it in non-puzzle games, since it would make "cheating" so much easier.

lanux128:
sometime last year, i received my PCGamer with the CD contained a demo version of Prey but never got around to install it.. :) btw, Prey has had an interesting history as it was developed at the same time as Duke Nukem Forever.. of course, now the Duke has become the standard bearer of vapourware..

Laughing Man:
Haha I love how you can shoot yourself in one of the portals in the video.

nudone:
with the references to 'black mesa' in Portal i'm hoping that there will be some half-life portal action in the future - maybe in espisode 3. unlikely to happen, i know.

(i've thought about having a go at making a map (or three) for Portal but as i've not looked into it i don't know how difficult this will be.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version