ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PREY trailer - looks funky

<< < (2/4) > >>

JavaJones:
Wow, um, an MC Escher-type world stylized and brought to life, and that's boring? :D Looks pretty darn cool to me. I must say I wasn't really looking forward to Prey before this trailer. I remember following it years ago when it was originally started, 1997 or something I think, and looked pretty amazing then. They were talking about the same portal technology, etc. Then Serious Sam came out and had the same stuff a number of years later. So that tech isn't really new. But I do think the way they're integrating it with their world and doing cool things with gravity is interesting and looks potentially quite fun.

- Oshyan

f0dder:
Portals have been here for *quite* a while, even before serious sam. But because ID Software used BSP, that's where all the rage was :)

But I haven't seen portals used at quite this level before.

JavaJones:
Yeah, portals have been around a long time. But Serious Sam was the first game that I saw which used it in the way Prey was promisiting to do, that's all.

- Oshyan

f0dder:
Yeah, portals have been around a long time. But Serious Sam was the first game that I saw which used it in the way Prey was promisiting to do, that's all.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (May 21, 2006, 06:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hm, I can't seem to remember any "funky" use of portals in Serious Sam... but it's been a while since I played it :)

nudone:
thought i'd post this here as it's all about 'portals'...

...anyone played Valve's new 'Portal' game? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_(video_game)

i've just finished the main game - so now all the extra levels are open - and i have to say it was most enjoyable. the idea of being able to fire portal doorways from a gun is a great idea - the puzzles are just about right not to be too frustrating either.

anyway, if you like puzzles but like portals even more then i suggest you have a go with 'Portal' the game.

f0dder? i thought you've have picked up it by now?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version