ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Dumb question but ...

<< < (2/5) > >>

anandcoral:
HI MilesAhead, not a dumb question.

I too have this peculiar problem in my Dell Win 8 Touch.

When I start 'camera' from metro it shows as if I am sitting before a mirror. When I touch the screen to take the screen shot, it saves the image flipped horizontally.

I searched and downloaded many utilities including some from Dell, but till date I do not have courage to install any. I have accepted it as default behavior. I can manipulate a screen shot image if I like.

Regards,

Anand

Vurbal:
My first inclination is to suspect the webcam software may be flipping the image for local display but sending it the right way around to other programs. That would be the first thing I'd check anyway.

If that's the case, hopefully there would be some sort of settings you could adjust to control that behavior, although that doesn't appear to be the case for a Dell webcam under Windows 8. A quick search suggests they dropped their Webcam Central program for Windows 8 in favor of reliance on the Microsoft Camera app.

anandcoral:

If that's the case, hopefully there would be some sort of settings you could adjust to control that behavior, although that doesn't appear to be the case for a Dell webcam under Windows 8. A quick search suggests they dropped their Webcam Central program for Windows 8 in favor of reliance on the Microsoft Camera app.
-Vurbal (March 11, 2014, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes that's what I found out about Dell. For Win7 they have the webcam utility and some suggested to use it. I downloaded it, and also drivers from Dell, but till date am afraid to run any on Win8, lest my webcam just stops.

If other people see me correct in the webcam, I do not have in any problem to manipulate captured images.

Regards,

Anand

MilesAhead:
If I try that my camera just shuts down — it's too frightened by what it sees  :(
-cranioscopical (March 11, 2014, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aiiyyy!!  I just had my picture taken this morning.  It's more horrible than anything you can imagine.   All I can compare it to is if Clint Eastwood had a mustache, was deceased, allowed to rot for 2 months, and propped up in a chair.  Then he'd look almost as bad as this photo. 

MilesAhead:
My first inclination is to suspect the webcam software may be flipping the image for local display but sending it the right way around to other programs. That would be the first thing I'd check anyway.

-Vurbal (March 11, 2014, 02:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately the settings consist of Video Mode on/off and the bit depth.  That's it.  No flip or rotate.  I guess I need to download some desktop freeware.  But it definitely is a mirror image. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version