ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Dumb question but ...

(1/5) > >>

MilesAhead:
Dumb question but I'm wondering why when I run Camera on my Laptop I get the same perspective as when I look in the mirror?  In other words, since it's video and not a mirror I would expect the display to show me as others see me, not reversed.  If I pick up my right hand and wave, it shows in the video as my "left hand" just as if it were a plain reflection.  Strikes me as strange.

Curt:
may be, but that is how we see you;
when you lift your right hand, I am seeing it to your left
from where I am situated.

Curt:
sorry, my first post was too hasty and superficial

-------------

Now I am your camera
when you look at me, I am not looking at me but at you
It may seem that you and I are looking in opposite directions
when you look to the left, I will look to the right
Well, how come I am not looking down, when you are looking up?
- "Strikes me as strange" -
When you are looking to the left, you are not looking to the right
- eh, that sounds stupid to even mention -
but it is the point!
We are not looking in opposite directions,
we are just looking from different positions!
we are both looking at different targets, and from different locations
So it would be more strange, if what we saw, were the same.

crabby3:
Dumb question but I'm wondering why when I run Camera on my Laptop I get the same perspective as when I look in the mirror?  In other words, since it's video and not a mirror I would expect the display to show me as others see me, not reversed.  If I pick up my right hand and wave, it shows in the video as my "left hand" just as if it were a plain reflection.  Strikes me as strange.

-MilesAhead (March 11, 2014, 08:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just tried my camera.  When I lift my right hand, the image of me lifts his right hand as well, which is on the left side of the screen.

It is not a mirror image.

Maybe your camera settings include a flop-image?  Mine does not but it would sure make combing ones hair easier.   ;D

cranioscopical:
If I try that my camera just shuts down — it's too frightened by what it sees  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version