ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mircryption

Ignore messages containing a special word

(1/2) > >>

checkitout:
Hi Guys,

first of all a big thanx for this great pice of software!

I'm trying to ignore a line of text, when it contains a word, let us say it's "fuckoff".
Well I read through the script code, and got to a section where it says "if you had your own stuff you wanted to do to incoming text, you would do it to %m here" well thats what I did: I inserted:

if (%m($1-,/\bfuckoff\b/iS)) {
        haltdef
      }

But somehow it wont work..... I guess I should notice that I'm not too familiar with mirc scripting. So I'd be glad if someone could correct my code, or tell me how to manage my issue.

Greets,
checkitout

PhilKC:
if (fuckoff isin $1-) {
       haltdef
}

How about that?

checkitout:
nope aint working either :(

mouser:
well philkc had the right idea, except in your case you would want to check %m so i guess you want like

--- ---if (fuckoff isin %m) {
       haltdef
}

However -
that instruction is misleading - you really should NOT be modifying that mircryption function unless you want to be always remaking any change whenever you ugprade.. since any change would get erased when you upgraded.

instead,
you can use the MircryptionSignalAll signal to add your own handler to catch certain text and do different things.
see the very bottom of mircryption.mrc for the signal and some instructions on how to use it.

checkitout:
thx mouser for your patiance, I didn't read through your whole code, I'm sorry.
Now I found this piece of code:
;if ($5 == hidethis) {
  ;  ; this test hides all lines (incoming, actions, outgoing, everything - which starts with the word hidethis)

and I guess I'll manage to modify it the way I want it to work.

thxalot!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version