ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What happened?

<< < (2/4) > >>

cyberdiva:
Did you try writing to the company?  If not, that's what I'd try.  If you did with no success, you might try writing to the TalkGraphics forum (for MAGIX/Xara products).  There are several possibly appropriate sections: near the top, there's "Off-Topic Chat."  Since it's near the top, it might give you the greatest visibility.  Under the section "Other Xara Forums," there's one called "Dear Xara" that might be good, too.  And down at the bottom of the list of forums, there's one called "TalkGraphics questions, suggestions, and feedback."  This may have the least visibility, since it's buried at the bottom, but....  Anyway, it's possible that raising the issue on one of the company's forums might get a more positive response, if only to make you stop calling attention to their absurd behavior.  ;D

40hz:
Well...it has been said that the French pride themselves on doing things "just a little bit differently." ;)

Innuendo:
That sounded okay, didn't it? So why is this something you want to talk about, Curt? Well, let me quote myself, but this time the full sentence I didn't quite finish at first: "a few weeks later (a week ago) I received a free license key for MAGIX Photo Graphic Designer 2013 in French!". -Curt (March 08, 2014, 01:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I visit foreign web sites and register for software giveaways I always worry that I'll gain access to a version that will not function in my native language, but my fears have always been unfounded as the credentials provided have always worked with the English version of the software.

Leave it to Curt to prove my fears true!  ;D

Curt:
I followed diva's recommendation and posted in the forum. They kindly gave the proper address for Magix Support, whom I now have written. Let them first enjoy their week-end and then maybe answer me no later than Tuesday.

Let us be reminded that Magix and Xara are (is) German. The French part is 01Net magazine:

01net - informatique high-tech : actu, produits, téléchargement logiciels et jeux-01Net
--- End quote ---

I too forgot this. Luckily I didn't yell at anyone, so my mistake may not have been spotted...

Curt:
I followed diva's recommendation and posted in the forum. They kindly gave the proper address for Magix Support, whom I now have written. Let them first enjoy their week-end and then maybe answer me no later than Tuesday.-Curt (March 08, 2014, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow; sometimes one really can be lucky! Back in the days when I (felt that I) had been paying and paying an endless amount of money to Magix and Xara, I lost my trust in them  ~ I felt they were conmen.

This time I was pleasantly surprised! Without arguing they offered to donate me a new license key for an international Xara version! Installing "as we speak"
 :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version