ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 11 Released!

<< < (23/27) > >>

tomos:
Thanks cyberdiva and myarmor for clarifications :up:

Quote from greg in the DO forums earlier today:
Be not afraid! :) While we never comment on release dates nor plans for new major versions, these are traditionally every 2-3 years.
Opus 11 was only released this year so Opus 12 is a long way off yet.
--- End quote ---
-myarmor (December 16, 2014, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
I see he also says:
As some may remember, earlier this year, to avoid confusion, we dropped the 4th numeral in the traditional version scheme so the current versioning is now only X,y,z or more correctly V.S.B - for Version, Sub-version, Beta release. This current version system means that Opus 11 does not finish at 11.9 and may go to 11.666 yet.:)
--- End quote ---
:D

dr_andus:
I havent found DO11 to be more resource hungry (but that's with i5+8GB ram)
-tomos (December 16, 2014, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately DO11 continued to be too slow on my system (i7+8GB ram). But I saw someone on the Dopus forum having a similar issue on brand new gear, so maybe it's not about the specs but something else.

Too bad, as I would have gladly upgraded, even just to support the developers, as Dopus is one of my favourites. It's just that it needs to be working out of the box for me right now as I don't have the time for troubleshooting.

I have reverted to DO10 and things are back to running fine.

J-Mac:
Dopus 11 stopped working on my computer altogether!! Cannot figure out what is wrong. Spent some time on their forum but no one else has any ideas either.

My computer does have a bad memory stick - I believe - and I'm testing all sticks in all slots to find the mem problem now. Don’t know if that caused my Dopus issue, but presently, though Dopus 11 is installed and licensed, it will not run at all. Frustrating as hell!!

Jim

dr_andus:
maybe it's not about the specs but something else.
-dr_andus (December 22, 2014, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

One suspicion I have is that running a bunch of Chrome services was affecting my PC's performance, and somehow especially that of DO11.

Normally I have a Chrome browser open with Calendar, Drive, and several Google Sheets, as well as WorkFlowy running in a stand-alone Chrome app. (The local Google Drive directory was also pre-set in a Dopus tab, although it was set not to load automatically.) This normally would result in a large number of Google processes running under the hood, with significant RAM usage.

After I shut down Chrome and ran the same Google and WorkFlowy web pages in Firefox instead, the performance of my PC had improved significantly. Unfortunately I can't test this theory with DO11 because I uninstalled it, but even DO10 performance had improved noticeably.

---

P.S. And the other suspicion is about a scheduled Malwarebytes scan kicking in without me realising it, which slows things down... It was set to kick in daily (by default, I presume), so I just changed it to weekly...

MerleOne:
I'm a Dopus 10 user. I'm tempted by the latest upgrade offer,  so I've been trying out v. 11.

My first impression is that it is running quite a bit slower (or is a bit more resource hungry), at least concerning the following operation.  In the past, when I'd download a file with Firefox, the downloaded file would show up immediately in the download folder when open in Dopus. With v. 11 however I thought something was wrong because I was looking all over the place in the folder for the latest downloaded file and couldn't find it. It was only after some considerable time that the file eventually showed up.

Has anyone else had that experience?
-dr_andus (December 14, 2014, 06:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, for me too, on a slow but recent PC (slow processor), I had to revert to V10 to get something usable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version