ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 11 Released!

<< < (8/27) > >>

wraith808:
SlickEdit is still better in the sense that the user can use it on multiple computer.
-tn_dang (March 05, 2014, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
When I bought DOpus 8, I bought a dual license so that I could use DOpus on two computers (probably my laptop and my desktop).  When I upgraded to version 9, I was pleased to see that the single-user license now covered a laptop in addition to the desktop, so I was able to save some money.  This policy continued in version 10 and, I hope and assume, in version 11 as well (I haven't yet upgraded).  Here's a statement of the policy in the User's Manual for version 10:  The standard license is a single-installation license which allows the installation of the SOFTWARE on one physical machine only, for exclusive use on that machine only, plus one personal laptop owned by and in exclusive use by the registered purchaser.
-cyberdiva (March 05, 2014, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's still the same- I quoted the relevant version from the pricing page above.

cyberdiva:
It's still the same- I quoted the relevant version from the pricing page above.
-wraith808 (March 05, 2014, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oops.  I'm not sure how I missed that.  :-[

Jibz:
Right... but I bought a two machine license.
-wraith808 (March 05, 2014, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, so it's a bit like Windows, which you can install on up to five machines? (assuming you buy five licenses of course)

;D

40hz:
We aren't really upset or anything, but please look at it from our point of view - we get an email from DonationCoder saying "hey, can we have a discount please!", so we come to DonationCoder to see what people are saying, and find a thread where mostly what they're saying is what horribly nasty thieves we are.
-JonPotter (March 05, 2014, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

With all due respect, when I look at the entire thread, there was one person who took issue with the upgrade window (as he understood it), one person agreeing that (if that were in fact true) it left a bad taste, and a few others commenting it seemed a somewhat expensive upgrade.

I'd hardly characterize that as anybody calling anyone a horribly nasty thief. Or that the thread was hostile or derogatory towards DO.

Apparently there are differences in individual perception. So be it. It happens.

So I'd like to suggest, going forward, thicker skins and softer words. And as Cliff Stoll so aptly suggested, many years ago, when online discussion forums were just starting to take off:

Lets:

1) Try not to offend.

2) Try not to be so easily offended.

Pax!  :)

wraith808:
Right... but I bought a two machine license.
-wraith808 (March 05, 2014, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, so it's a bit like Windows, which you can install on up to five machines? (assuming you buy five licenses of course)

;D

-Jibz (March 05, 2014, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

No.  If you read the post above, you see that for my two licenses, I get three machines.  So not quite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version